Forum QuickConnect What does facebookOAuthConnectPopup actually do?

Discussion and help relating to PlayerIO's QuickConnect feature, including Facebook Connect and Kongregate Connect.

What does facebookOAuthConnectPopup actually do?

Postby mrgreen » April 14th, 2011, 10:35 pm

Hiya

I am using the Adobe AS3 SDK for Facebook. It looks like they forgot to handle the situation where the .SWF file is embedded in a 3rd party website, where there is no Facebook Javascript to connect to. Which happens like 99% of the time with flash games as they are redistributed. (still cant believe they forgot this)

So now I am trying to do something similar to what "facebookOAuthConnectPopup" does ? that it produces a popop window where the user can log on no matter where he plays the .SWF file. How did you achieve this?
Can I somehow do this with the Official Adobe SDK... ?????
mrgreen

Re: What does facebookOAuthConnectPopup actually do?

Postby Benjaminsen » April 15th, 2011, 11:40 am

That question really should be posted on the official SDK page as it has nothing to do with Player.IO

We provide a method facebookOAuthConnectPopup and an alternative Facebook Graph API https://github.com/playerio/Facebook-Graph-As3 because the official API is horrible to work with.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby mrgreen » April 15th, 2011, 6:42 pm

I didnt open this thread asking about the Adobe SDK, I opened this thread out of pure curiousity that what does the PlayerIO Quickconnect function facebookOAuthConnectPopup actually do?

How do you achieve the login via a popup and let the .SWF file know that it has happened?
mrgreen

Postby Benjaminsen » April 15th, 2011, 6:44 pm

mrgreen wrote:I didnt open this thread asking about the Adobe SDK, I opened this thread out of pure curiousity that what does the PlayerIO Quickconnect function facebookOAuthConnectPopup actually do?
How do you achieve the login via a popup and let the .SWF file know that it has happened?

That's shall remain Player.IO secret, how our services work internally is not public.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby mrgreen » April 15th, 2011, 7:01 pm

hahaha:) thats fair enough!

I was just really impressed
mrgreen

Return to QuickConnect