Forum QuickConnect Freature Request: Kongregate quick Connect

Discussion and help relating to PlayerIO's QuickConnect feature, including Facebook Connect and Kongregate Connect.

Freature Request: Kongregate quick Connect

Postby UnknownGuardian » February 20th, 2011, 8:33 pm

It would be great if we could be able to get the Kongregate UserName from each client without having the client submit it. So when player.io is authenticating the user, it sets some property on the base Player(maybe KongUserName) to the users name. I've been having trouble with clients falsifying their kong username, which I currently send through the extra params on connection.
UnknownGuardian

Re: Freature Request: Kongregate quick Connect

Postby Benjaminsen » February 21st, 2011, 11:55 am

I have noted this for the next team meeting to see if we can find a solution. We do have the data, but we need to find a good way to expose it on the server.

In the short term you can use the Web extension on the server to request http://www.kongregate.com/api/user_info.json. IE a call to http://www.kongregate.com/api/user_info ... er_id=4628 will give you my user.

To get the userid, simply substring "kong" from the connectUserId.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby UnknownGuardian » February 21st, 2011, 8:46 pm

Yep, userid is not a problem since its needed for Kong authentification, but username is, since I'm on a non-paid account. (Hope to upgrade soon!). Thanks for the quick reply and consideration!
UnknownGuardian

Postby lei » February 27th, 2011, 4:27 pm

Hi!

I would upgrade this thread with another Kong connect question.
I made a preloader for my game and uploaded a tiny loader of that on Kongregate. That however seems to disable the Kongregate quick connect implemented in my game. Is there a way to overcome this problem?

Thank you in advance!
lei

Postby Benjaminsen » February 28th, 2011, 4:34 pm

lei wrote:Hi!

I would upgrade this thread with another Kong connect question.
I made a preloader for my game and uploaded a tiny loader of that on Kongregate. That however seems to disable the Kongregate quick connect implemented in my game. Is there a way to overcome this problem?

Thank you in advance!

The problem is that the current quickconnect file removes flash var parameters added to the game, the only easy solution is currently to upload the SWF directly to kongregate. We are however working on an updated quickloader to solve this issue in the future.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Return to QuickConnect