Forum QuickConnect Logging to Facebook from a domain

Discussion and help relating to PlayerIO's QuickConnect feature, including Facebook Connect and Kongregate Connect.

Logging to Facebook from a domain

Postby brunn » February 12th, 2011, 6:19 am

Hey folks

I'm trying to integrate a flash app with facebook in an external domain (outside facebook) using a bit of the facebook's Graph API, the main reason is that I want to avoid the pop up window that you get when usingfacebookOAuthConnectPopup and show a lightbox instead.

The problem is that for some reason I get "Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration" when I try to log in from the site using the application id generated by playerio. Apparently facebook needs to know that my domain is trusted, that can be done by setting the "Site domain" field in the app details in my facebook account, but I don't know what to put there, I can't put my domain because the Site URL field must be derived from the Site domain and Site URL is pointing to playerio servers.

Anyone can help ?
brunn

Re: Logging to Facebook from a domain

Postby brunn » February 14th, 2011, 4:10 am

So nobody knows how to solve this issue ?
brunn

Postby Benjaminsen » February 14th, 2011, 9:04 am

What url did you define as your site url?

As http://playerio.com/documentation/quickconnect/facebook clearly states you need to set it to

Site Domain should be left blank.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby brunn » February 17th, 2011, 2:11 am

Let me rephrase the question, how can I logging to facebook without using facebookOAuthConnectPopup ? I have my app in facebook and I want to logging from a site avoiding the little pop up window.
brunn

Postby Benjaminsen » February 17th, 2011, 10:18 am

brunn wrote:Let me rephrase the question, how can I logging to facebook without using facebookOAuthConnectPopup ? I have my app in facebook and I want to logging from a site avoiding the little pop up window.

Ahh you want facebookOAuthConnect if your application is running oAuth or facebookConnect if you are running the old authentication scheme.

For both cases you have to parse the proper variables from your canvas page to your flash application using flashvars or some such. If you are using SiteBox all of this is taken care of for you, so you don't have to worry about it. Here is a video introduction

Connecting to Facebook from a 3rd party site without the popup is not possible (Lightboxes etc are not permitted by facebook for security reasons). You can however ask the user for the offline_access permission and store and reuse the returned hash, such that the user only has to see the popup once.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby brunn » February 17th, 2011, 11:34 pm

Mmmm I see, well I'm currently trying to pop up a window from the third party site, using FB.init, the window that pops does not take the whole screen, it's just a small unobtrusive window on top of the current page, problem is that FB.init needs the app id and I get "Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration" if I use the app id from the flash app located on facebook, because facebook won't recognize the domain I'm trying to log in from (that's why I wanted to know if I should fill "Site Domain")
brunn

Postby Benjaminsen » February 18th, 2011, 9:42 am

brunn wrote:Mmmm I see, well I'm currently trying to pop up a window from the third party site, using FB.init, the window that pops does not take the whole screen, it's just a small unobtrusive window on top of the current page, problem is that FB.init needs the app id and I get "Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration" if I use the app id from the flash app located on facebook, because facebook won't recognize the domain I'm trying to log in from (that's why I wanted to know if I should fill "Site Domain")

I assume the window that pops up is still a real world popup? If so you can simply spawn a named and resized popup using ExternalInterface, then use the window property on facebookOAuthConnectPopup to target that window for the login screen.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Return to QuickConnect