Forum QuickConnect Multiple games using the same accounts?

Discussion and help relating to PlayerIO's QuickConnect feature, including Facebook Connect and Kongregate Connect.

Multiple games using the same accounts?

Postby AquamentosGames » December 9th, 2011, 8:12 am

I'm interested in Player.io's services, but I'm wondering how difficult it would be to do some kind of 'master login' that affects all games on my panel. This way, a user would only have to register once, and may be able to access perks and awards cross-game, and use virtual currency amongst them all.

EDIT: This thread partially answered my question;
quickconnect-f33/using-quick-connect-to-use-as-login-system-for-my-website-t1810

Is the only way to do this to treat all games as one 'game' in the admin panel and use the different room types to determine the code, or can I somehow do this wile having different game profiles (latter is preferred)
AquamentosGames

Re: Multiple games using the same accounts?

Postby Henrik » December 9th, 2011, 4:14 pm

If you want to use PayVault and want your users to be able to use all their coins in all your games, then you have to make it as a single game on Player.IO, yes.

A way of getting around this is if you are making Facebook games, then all users log in with their Facebook credentials in all your games, and they use Facebook Credits for payment in all your games, but I suspect that's not an option in your case?
Henrik
.IO

Re: Multiple games using the same accounts?

Postby AquamentosGames » December 9th, 2011, 10:03 pm

I'm leaning away from using facebook. My game will mostly be on Kongregate (which is largely expanding in the realm of MMOs and working on partnerships with them). I might do a facebook port later, though. I'm also planning on having my game available on my website, and I was kind of hoping to allow players to use currency from either source, and the only way I can do that is by allowing an exchange for 'coins' with payvault.

Is it possible for games to talk to each other? If so I could do all my PayVault in one 'game' and then have the other games query it to see if they have enough coins for things.
AquamentosGames

Return to QuickConnect