Forum BigDB bigDB sample game ?

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO database solution, BigDB.

bigDB sample game ?

Postby nirza » July 22nd, 2010, 7:11 pm

Can someone put a sample fla game with saving and loading commands ? I just don't seem to understand how this is working.
nirza

Re: bigDB sample game ?

Postby QiX » July 22nd, 2010, 7:34 pm

Yep,

I also thinks that a few examples, of how to use the basic commands and the received data from the BigDB would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.
QiX

Re: bigDB sample game ?

Postby Benjaminsen » July 23rd, 2010, 11:32 am

Here is an example. This will make it into the developer package in the long run, but I need to document it better first.

The game is a simple chain reaction game with a top score / save system. The game simply parses what you type as username as connection id on a unsecured connection, thus logging in consist of remembering your userid.

As the top list is based on an index you will need to create this index and give the connection Public access to it if you wish to run this example under you own account. Below is a few screenshots of the process.

1: Give the connection Public assess to Load by Indexes
Notice that we do not need to give the connection access to Create or Save as we will have Full Creator Rights to our own objects when we connect directly with the user id.

2: Now lets create the index. Goto BigDB in your admin pannel, click Edit Table besides PlayerObjects finally click Add Index. Configure the index as shown on the image.

Finally download source files from here:
http://chrisbenjaminsen.com/stuff/playerio/

/Chris
Benjaminsen
.IO

Return to BigDB