Forum BigDB Database Objects in Free plan

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO database solution, BigDB.

Database Objects in Free plan

Postby JamesPro » May 18th, 2017, 3:16 pm

So in the Free plan your allowed 25,000 db objects. Is that the total number of Objects allowed or number of objects created per month? Thanks!
JamesPro

Re: Database Objects in Free plan

Postby robscherer123 » May 18th, 2017, 3:20 pm

That is the total amount of db objects allowed in general.
robscherer123
Paid Member

Postby JamesPro » May 18th, 2017, 3:24 pm

Ok... same with the amounts in the paid subscriptions? Those seem like large amounts but once live will get used up pretty quickly if you have a large enough player base...

Also I know PlayerIO has the PayVault for item shops is there anything for Paid Subscriptions? I want to have a Free Account and then a couple tiers of Paid Subscriptions.
JamesPro

Postby robscherer123 » May 18th, 2017, 3:45 pm

Yes, same with the paid subscription. The number of BigDB objects you have carries over every month, so it's not a per-month number, but altogether. In my experience, it's not something that will run your costs up TOO high, but you will need to keep it in mind as to not overuse database objects. Perhaps try to combine objects into one if you can, unless it's not optimal.

Hmm, I'm not exactly sure what you mean about the Payvault tiers. But the Payvault is the exact same regardless of what plan you are on. The only things that changes are those "per successful transaction" and "per 1000 history entries" costs. And those, from my experience are pretty negligible expenses.
robscherer123
Paid Member

Postby JamesPro » May 18th, 2017, 4:01 pm

What I mean is does PlayerIO support Paid Subscriptions for playing your game? I'd like to have my game be Free to play with a couple of Optional Paid Subscriptions which gives you access to extra features of the game as well as PayVault Coins per month...

My game is a sort of City Life Simulator. You have jobs you can do to earn in game money, you can rent an apartment, purchase a house, ect. and then furnish the apartment or house... The Apartment Buildings I want to allow players to Purchase and then rent out the apartments in the building. There will also be shops and malls that I want players to be able to purchase and then rent out. In order to purchase an apartment building or Mall/Shop I want to require at least a Owners Subscription which would be like say $5 per month. It would come with the ability to Purchase the apartment buildings and Shops as well as say 1,000 coins per month.

I then want to have a VIP Subscription which would come with everything the Owners Sub. has plus the ability to access special VIP areas inside Night Clubs and other Social Venues as well as extra PayVault Coins per month.

Would something like this be possible with PlayerIO?
JamesPro

Postby robscherer123 » May 18th, 2017, 4:08 pm

Yes, something like that is definitely possible. The way the PayVault is set up, you are free to create your own method of doing what you mentioned. You could have the player sign into their account, and then check their payvault to see if they purchased the "VIP Subscription" or whatever you'd want to call it. One way or another, they would have to sign into their account first before you could check. Perhaps looks through the documentation of how the Payvault works and such, and maybe that will give you a better idea.
robscherer123
Paid Member

Postby Henrik » May 19th, 2017, 5:20 am

Hey JamesPro,

If with subscription you mean the ability to setup a recurring payment from a user, then no, that is not something PayVault supports, sorry.

Subscriptions are wildly different depending on payment platform, so your best bet is to read up on each and see if you can have those checks in the client. Subscriptions also generally need lots of user interface flows for renewing/restarting/failed states, and those are also completely specific to each payment platform.

Some payment platforms might have a way to verify a subscription by making a request to their servers, so you could do verification through https://playerio.com/documentation/refe ... ibrary.web on the multiplayer server, at which point you could securely add items to PayVault that signal that the user has a valid subscription.
Henrik
.IO

Postby Emalton » April 26th, 2018, 3:32 am

Maybe consider having the user buy the time in advanced, and store when their subscription expires in their PlayerObject and check to see if that date is greater than the current date and if so, give them VIP stuff.
Emalton

Return to BigDB