Forum BigDB Critical admin panel bug

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO database solution, BigDB.

Critical admin panel bug

Postby fox1980 » June 21st, 2010, 11:08 am

I don't know if this is a BigDB problem, or just something to do with the admin panel, but working with BigDB is turning out to be a real dissapointment. Sorry if i sound too harsh, but i lost several hours this weekend debugging code only to find out the problem is on your side.
Here's the problem:

On the server i dinamically create a user room(kind of like his house) the first time he logs in, and store some info about it. I test it and it's working fine, i delete the objects to test again from the ground up and my game just hangs.
What i found out is that even tough i deleted all objects, and even tough they don't show up in the admin panel, somehow they're still there.
This is what i see when i click to show all objects:

But when i specifically search for key:

fox1980

Re: Critical admin panel bug

Postby Oliver » June 21st, 2010, 6:27 pm

Hey Fox,

Thanks for reporting this in such detail. We're taking the BigDB issues very seriously, and will get them fixed ASAP, but unfortunately it's still a quite new product, so there are still issues to be discovered and fixed.

I'm curious as to which method you're using to "delete the objects to test again from the ground up". Are you deleting the objects via an api call, by truncating the table, or by dropping and re-creating the table?

- Oliver
Oliver
.IO

Postby Oliver » June 21st, 2010, 6:28 pm

Also, I'm sorry that you had to loose hours based on issues on our end.

- Oliver
Oliver
.IO

Postby fox1980 » June 21st, 2010, 7:20 pm

Hey Oliver,

I manually deleted them from the admin panel, didn't use truncate.
I'm always using LoadorCreate now instead of create as a workaround now, but it would be nice to see this fixed. I don't know if i have any more "ghost" objects.
It would also be nice to have a REAL object count in the admin panel, it would make things like these easier to track. For example, the rooms table has 5 visible objects. But in the dashboard it says it has 8, i'm not sure wich one is right (the dashboard says it was calculated 20hours ago), but i'm quite sure i added and removed objects since then. How frequently is it updated ?
fox1980

Postby Henrik » June 29th, 2010, 5:26 pm

Hi Fox,

This issue has now been fixed, hopefully. If you encounter any other strange things or bugs, just let us know. :)

Currently the stats for tables are updated every 24 hours. We understand that it can be frustrating with outdated stats, especially when testing and using small tables. We'll see if we can do something to make that a bit nicer to work with.
Henrik
.IO

Return to BigDB