Forum BigDB Indexes not storing all objects

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO database solution, BigDB.

Indexes not storing all objects

Postby robscherer123 » May 15th, 2016, 2:54 am

I know things are probably very busy and hectic with the transfer of the services going on, so I'm sure there are thing being worked out. I'm not sure if this is already known or not, but I figured it would be worth pointing out in case it wasn't known by the staff. I've noticed that quite a few of the indexes for my BigDB objects weren't created correctly. Say for example I have a table called "enemyStats" with a "loadableIndex" that can load all objects by their "loadable" property. Whenever the PlayerIO service was transferred, for some reason some objects were no longer accessible via their index, even though they still existed. However if I looked them up by their key, the object still existed and so did it's property. I've found a few tables that this was happening with, so I deleted the index, and recreated it and it seemed to fix the problem (for now anyway).

So yea, I hope that makes sense and is clear. It's made most of my game unloadable. Just thought I'd point it out in case it wasn't noticed.

Looking forward to the new service and management, and hope the future is bright!
robscherer123
Paid Member

Re: Indexes not storing all objects

Postby deadbug » May 21st, 2016, 1:39 am

Hello there,

Very interesting. Our live game on the App store uses player.io bigDB and it no longer seems to connect to the DB. I didn't delete the indexes but I renamed them by adding a "char", saved and then renamed them back to their original name. It says that it rebuilds the index, but the server still does not connect.

Our game is Afterland and we would be willing to pay someone a consult if they can help us get our game up and running again! Our game is here - if anyone is interested and thinks they can help, PLEASE contact us!

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/afterla ... 79041?mt=8

Thanks!
Chris
deadbug

Return to BigDB