Forum BigDB unexpected error occurred inside the Player.IO webservice

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO database solution, BigDB.

unexpected error occurred inside the Player.IO webservice

Postby wbsaputra » November 20th, 2015, 12:01 pm

having tons of error when saving player object on serverside.
An unexpected error occurred inside the Player.IO webservice. Please try again. - Reference code: xxxxxxxx
Anyone there??
wbsaputra
Paid Member

Re: unexpected error occurred inside the Player.IO webservic

Postby robscherer123 » November 20th, 2015, 7:15 pm

I believe I am having this same error. Players are experiencing trouble with their data not saving.
robscherer123
Paid Member

Postby lutc » November 21st, 2015, 8:33 am

Yes I have been experiencing this intermittently as well in the past 48 hours.

Some of my findings:
Something is causing Multiplayer (service?) rooms to get into a state where they are not able to save. Players can still connect to these rooms, load objects in these rooms and also receive/send messages from client to room, however all "save()" calls fails and the success callback of save() does not call.

Players will also still automatically connect to these rooms if they are $service-room$ even though they are not saving. As such, players will always experience not being able to save until I manually "force close" the room so that they can join a new working service room the next time they refresh the game webpage.

Just sharing how I detect downed service rooms:
1) I use save() success callback to detect if a save is successful.
2) If save() success callback is not called after 2 minutes, the player tells the room that it suspects that the room is in the "no save" state. (and inform player client with an error message that game is temporarily unable to save)
3) when room receives this "no save" message from 20 different players, it will write an errorlog with its room name so that I can know which room needs to be "force closed".

Question: Is there a way to "force close" a multiplayer room through code or is there a way to set the room to NoJoin state through code so that new players won't keep joining the service room?
lutc

Postby wbsaputra » November 21st, 2015, 10:15 am

I have several user object save methods in my case:
-using service room not problem on save,
-when user data needed to be saved i place retry save code and no problem either.
-the problem is saving data whenever user joined room (i dont put any retry save code here) and having lots of save user object error.

seems the problem is not on save but on reload player object at serverside.
is force close room will fix this problem?
how i can trace any cause of unexpected error like this?
hope any player IO operational staff read this.
wbsaputra
Paid Member

Postby lutc » November 21st, 2015, 12:10 pm

When a player joins, my code calls PlayerIO.BigDB.LoadOrCreate, then fill the object with data then calls save()

Strangely enough LoadOrCreate actually creates the object in BigDB but save() fails resulting in empty objects being created in the BigDB.

This is why I suspect that save() is failing.
lutc

Postby vertical » November 21st, 2015, 12:54 pm

Hi, I experience the same errors since 48h.

I don't know why but it seems that our players don't disconnect properly, I see some object that normally being deleted on "Disconnect()" are still here.

If someone have an idea on this, my ears are opened :D
vertical
Paid Member

Postby Guillaume » November 21st, 2015, 1:44 pm

I think we will have to wait Monday :-/ !
Guillaume

Postby SoftalexGames » November 21st, 2015, 5:37 pm

Webservice returned unhandled error: InternalError
An unexpected error occurred inside the Player.IO webservice. Please try again. - Reference code:
The request was aborted: The request was canceled
Aborted code because it ran for too long

All those errors are quite frequent, and have acquired for a long time.
Probably, they are result of poor server maintenance, so servers become overloaded and freeze.
SoftalexGames

Postby vertical » November 21st, 2015, 6:04 pm

Well, since 48h it's more frequent than usual, so maybe there's something wrong :)

Aborted code because it ran for too long is most of time due to a crash in your server code, so the thread abort and stop everything, or you have a loop.
I get some very often at the beginning but after a cleaning pass on my code, I got very few ones.
vertical
Paid Member

Postby SoftalexGames » November 21st, 2015, 9:08 pm

It's normal for Yahoo GN, on weekends there are more such errors with a peak on Friday evening.

And it's not important how often the error occurs, more important if the error exists or does not.

On one hand you can say that you are using leading solutions and your game is powered by Yahoo GN.
On the other hand, you have to admit that because your game is free to play you are using cheap backend solutions, so, dear players, do not expect much from it....
SoftalexGames

Postby Henrik » December 1st, 2015, 12:08 am

Hey,

Sorry for the late reply.

We had some hardware issues with several BigDB servers, which caused the errors you were seeing. We managed to get replacements in that weekend, and the stability of BigDB should have been perfectly fine for the last week.

In the meantime, I really should see if I can have someone work on that service status page so we can notify everyone in an easy manner of issues like this.
Henrik
.IO

Postby vertical » December 6th, 2015, 11:22 am

Yep, it works great since two weeks ! Our game have more user than before at the same time and no webservice error was registered :)

Thanks for your work !
vertical
Paid Member

Return to BigDB