Forum BigDB Does user connect to BigDB has limit ?

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO database solution, BigDB.

Does user connect to BigDB has limit ?

Postby taforyou » August 15th, 2015, 4:11 pm

According to Game Server, that allow only 45 players per server. My Question is how many maximun user can access to BigDB table at same time ? Is that just only 45 players ?

Thank you
taforyou

Re: Does user connect to BigDB has limit ?

Postby Henrik » August 17th, 2015, 5:49 pm

There's no limit on that.

(It also makes no sense, BigDB access is through discrete webservice calls, a connection to a multiplayer room is an open network connection)
Henrik
.IO

Postby taforyou » August 19th, 2015, 9:16 am

Thank you for your answer .But i raise this issue because when i want to create an object to BigDB , i also have to connect to Player.IO See code below. According to codes, it's mean that client already connect to server ? that why i also curious when i made PlayerIO.connect does it count 1 users / 45 users per server ? but if i understand correctly it's mean that BigDB server does count as Multiplayer Game Server

PlayerIO.Connect(
"xxxxxGameIDxxxxx",
"public",
"user-id",
"dasdas",
"asdasdasd",
delegate(Client client) {

obj.Set("username", "User" + Random.Range(0,9999).ToString());
obj.Set("location", "London");
obj.Set("age", Random.Range(0,9999));

myMultiDelegate += Test01;
myMultiDelegate();

//Create object in table Users with ConnectUserId as key
client.BigDB.CreateObject("HelloWorld", Random.Range(0,999999).ToString() , obj, null);

}
);
taforyou

Postby Henrik » August 20th, 2015, 7:39 pm

Calling Connect or Authenticate gives you a Client object that you can use to perform various operations as the user you authenticated as, for example making calls to BigDB. A Client doesn't keep a network connection open, it just keeps enough data to make webservice calls when you want to. You can have as many clients as you want, there is no limit.

Calling Client.Multiplayer.JoinRoom returns a multiplayer room Connection, and *that* keeps a network connection open, and you can send and receive messages through it. There is a limit of 45 on the number of multiplayer connections you can have to the same room, but there's no limit on the total amount of connections spread across rooms.
Henrik
.IO

Return to BigDB