Forum BigDB BigDB Compatibility with HTML5

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO database solution, BigDB.

BigDB Compatibility with HTML5

Postby TheWrittenWord » July 11th, 2014, 7:28 pm

I am working on developing an app which stores user "levels" online as database rows. I originally created a prototype in ActionScript 3 and integrated BigDB which worked fine. I am now porting the app to Android with eventual plans for iOS. I have not yet used BigDB on Android, but I have successfully stored the levels on the device using SQLite.

I have now decided that I would like the web version of the app to be HTML5 instead of Flash. I would like levels to be shared between all platforms (HTML5, iOS, and Android). I understand that BigDB cannot be used on HTML5, so as I see it I have a few options:

Use BigDB on Mobile and another service on web (the platforms will not have cross-communication)
    Use another service.
    Use flash instead of HTML5

Are there any possible solutions or alternative services (as good as BigDB) which someone could recommend?
BTW, this is not a commercial product.

TL;DR - Need service like BigDB which works across HTML5, iOS, and Android
TheWrittenWord

Re: BigDB Compatibility with HTML5

Postby AquamentosGames » July 18th, 2014, 8:33 pm

I'm not an expert on this as I don't use HTML5, but from my understanding HTML5 uses JavaScript. Thus, the .Net framework for Y!GN should do the trick as JavaScript is in the .Net family.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, of course.
AquamentosGames

Return to BigDB