Forum BigDB Multiple PlayerObjects Tables?

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO database solution, BigDB.

Multiple PlayerObjects Tables?

Postby JimLion » June 17th, 2014, 5:26 pm

It seems that the PlayerObjects table is "special" in that is has special rights and special api for accessing it. However, I have two games: jack-dev and jack-prod. I want to have it so that users from one game cannot log into the other game. Therefore, I should need to have a PlayerObjects table for each game, no? I am wondering how I should go about this to keep the two environments parallel. Should I just say screw the PlayersObjects table altogether and simply use a custom table equivalent to PlayerObjects in each environment?
JimLion

Re: Multiple PlayerObjects Tables?

Postby JimLion » June 18th, 2014, 4:55 pm

really? no one?
JimLion

Postby Henrik » June 20th, 2014, 6:34 pm

If you setup two games in the Control Panel, they're complete separate, they share no data, so I don't see why you would need to put further restrictions in place?

If you are using SimpleUsers Authentication, you could make your game client try to authenticate with the given username/password against both games, and then you pick whichever game the call succeeded for.
Henrik
.IO

Postby JimLion » June 20th, 2014, 7:05 pm

I see this now that there is a different PlayerObjets table for each game. However, it was very unclear that the "myPlayerObject" for a user is the object in PlayerObjects where the key is the user's username. That is not mentioned anywhere...

Also, I am using simpleuser login. I don't understand the point of "register". If it does not create an object in bigDB, then what does it actually do... How should I use it to actually register users. Or if you don't use it, what is its purpose...

PS since you people at yahoo let player.io expire the internet is filled with only broken links. nice job.
JimLion

Postby Henrik » June 20th, 2014, 7:24 pm

SimpleUsers is one way you can let a user authenticate, other examples are using Yahoo or Facebook or Kongregate. SimpleUsers has it's own user database where the user's password is stored securely.

After a user has authenticated, regardless of the method used, you can then access that user's PlayerObject, or any of the other BigDB tables and objects.
Henrik
.IO

Return to BigDB