Forum BigDB BigDB Objects and subscription

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO database solution, BigDB.

BigDB Objects and subscription

Postby sanctus2099 » January 26th, 2014, 11:51 am

Hello,

In the payment plans it's not exactly clear about how BigDB Objects are paid for.
For the Pro License 1m bigdb objects are included but are those paid for every month or just when they are created? Also 1m objects are free every month or just the first month?

I'm discussing with a client about integrating Player.IO in a game that should be launched in a couple of months. Having worked with it before I know how easy it is but they are worried about how well it scales and how fast.
Basically they are expecting more than 1m players a day and a huge spike at the beginning. What guarantee would we have that the service will not fail in the first days when it will be used a lot?

How much bandwidth does exactly saving/loading bigdb objects take? It would be fairly easy to compress save between the client and the server but when big db objects are saved/loaded they must be json which takes more space. I suppose some headers are also sent about the operation and some access token. How big are those?
sanctus2099

Re: BigDB Objects and subscription

Postby Benjaminsen » January 27th, 2014, 7:37 pm

All our services are billed per month. For elements that take up storage we charge per object per month. BigDB is paid based on average objects per month.

Write me an email directly at chris@player.io and I am happy to help interact with the client.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Return to BigDB