Forum BigDB TypeError #1009 in callback handler for loadObjects

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO database solution, BigDB.

TypeError #1009 in callback handler for loadObjects

Postby robscherer123 » October 17th, 2013, 10:52 pm

I've got a problem that I can't seem to track down recently. There's a small chance I may have missed some, but I've used control+F on all of my source code and inside every one of my bigDB loads I've placed try and catch statements to custom log my errors to find out which bigDB load the error is happening in. I'm not getting my custom error written to the log and instead I am still getting the #1009 "In callback handler for BigDB.loadObjects". This is in AS3 of course, not the server.

I've wrapped all entire load functions in a try and catch before doing anything else, like so:

Code: Select all
function onMyDataLoaded(_array:Array):void{
     try {
          //all my code here
     } catch(_error:Error){
          theClient.errorLog.writeError(String(_error.errorID), "Error has happened in onMyDataLoaded()", _error.getStackTrace(), null);
     }
}

But I am not getting my report back, just that it's happening in the BigDB.loadObjects. There's a chance maybe I've overlooked something of course, but as far as I can tell I've placed these try and catch statements in ALL of my load(), loadRange(), and loadOrCreate() function, anything load DB related.

Anybody have any ideas? Is this a problem perhaps with the PlayerIO API?
robscherer123
Paid Member

Re: TypeError #1009 in callback handler for loadObjects

Postby Benjaminsen » October 19th, 2013, 12:53 am

Mm, I will look into how exactly we throw errors to see if I can find some way this could happen even with every method wrapped.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby robscherer123 » October 19th, 2013, 1:37 am

Ok, thanks! Let me know if you find anything, I'm working on cutting down all my errors. If I can help in anyway just let me know, the error occurs far often enough that it is re-occuring. Like I said, COULD be something on my end that I somehow missed, but I've looked it over and I can't find any loads if I missed them.
robscherer123
Paid Member

Postby robscherer123 » October 23rd, 2013, 2:42 pm

I'm not sure if this really helps, but sometimes I'm getting this stack trace for the error in my ErrorLog.

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at MethodInfo-1414()
at Function/()
at Function/()
at Function/()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at flash.net::URLLoader/onComplete()
in callback handler for BigDB.loadObjects
robscherer123
Paid Member

Postby robscherer123 » October 25th, 2013, 4:41 pm

Thanks guys! I'm guessing someone looked into this because I am no longer receiving it! Although I am now occasionally getting a very strange "Verify error #1068" instead of it, although it is not nearly as often.

Thanks!
robscherer123
Paid Member

Postby Benjaminsen » October 25th, 2013, 8:25 pm

robscherer123 wrote:Thanks guys! I'm guessing someone looked into this because I am no longer receiving it! Although I am now occasionally getting a very strange "Verify error #1068" instead of it, although it is not nearly as often.

Thanks!

Thats awesome feedback. Looks like we are passing you null as the result, which is naturally a failed result and something we need to look at.

Add a null check to your code, e.g. if _array:Array is null break your app as something is clearly wrong.

What exactly is the data you load here?
Benjaminsen
.IO

Return to BigDB