Forum BigDB Old unkown non-existing data being loaded

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO database solution, BigDB.

Old unkown non-existing data being loaded

Postby robscherer123 » July 1st, 2013, 4:50 pm

Hmm... Again I have a very very strange problem that keeps seeming to poke it's head. I would really like to get rid of it as I am having users email/message me needing their character fixed. It's adding quite a nice stack of work to my plate having to go and manually update their players info. Needless to say making players very mad as well.

I've come to the conclusion that this problem is NOT on my end. My game is an MMORPG where players level up, collect items, the usual. Some players keep telling me that their character has reverted several levels. At this moment, I have been trying to fix a players character and it magically keeps updating to a past version of his stats SOMEHOW. I have no clue how. I basically change a bunch of properties on his character, then whenever he logs in, it loads his stats from a few days before and overwrites them with the new one.

After testing some things, I've noticed that ANY code in either the server or AS3 that loads his database objects automatically saves overtop of it, even when the .Save() command is not used. If I simply use the "client.Load()" to load his characters database object, then I refresh it in the admin panel, BOOM, it's reverted and the changes I made are reversed. I can't fix his character because of this. My only option is to make an entire new object and login and everything for his character. What is going on here? Is this something to do with the (Version) number of the database object? I'd really like to know how to fix this as it's adding ALOT of un-needed work for me having to keep manually editing players, especially times like these when it won't update even after I manually do it. Players who have spent money on the payvault are especially going to be angry here.
robscherer123
Paid Member

Re: Old unkown non-existing data being loaded

Postby robscherer123 » July 1st, 2013, 5:25 pm

Ok, update. I believe I tracked down the problem.

Cancel out some of what I said earlier. After doing some more tests I've found out that this is another problem caused by the breaking rooms bug... If a player logs in to a broken room that they were previously in and their "ghost player" of themselves still exists, logging in and saving over top of their data will save their old data (almost random) from which their "ghost" self has.

I've put in some code to hopefully counter this problem more, but it still leaves a window open for error. I sure do love PlayerIO overall, but this ghost players problem sure does cause for some major headaches down the road.
robscherer123
Paid Member

Return to BigDB