Forum BigDB Best practices to use BigDB

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO database solution, BigDB.

Best practices to use BigDB

Postby sebas77 » July 1st, 2013, 3:57 pm

Hi,

I'd like to know if there is any guideline to follow to use the BigDB beside your documentation. My main question is actually about saving user related data.

I know that there is the PlayerObjects concept, but I wonder if I must always stick with the table when I have to save player related data, or I can use other tables as I wish too. In our game the data structures to save for each user are numerous and complicated, so I wonder if instead is better to use different tables that we can index per userID.
sebas77
Paid Member

Re: Best practices to use BigDB

Postby Henrik » July 1st, 2013, 8:21 pm

The PlayerObjects table is just a convenience to get you started quickly on the most common task. If you have a lot of data per player, then it might be a good idea to split it up among several tables, to avoid loading all of it for each player every time.

Also, don't index per userid, use the ConnectUserID as the object key, so you can load directly.
Henrik
.IO

Re: Best practices to use BigDB

Postby sebas77 » July 2nd, 2013, 11:46 am

Henrik wrote:The PlayerObjects table is just a convenience to get you started quickly on the most common task. If you have a lot of data per player, then it might be a good idea to split it up among several tables, to avoid loading all of it for each player every time.

Also, don't index per userid, use the ConnectUserID as the object key, so you can load directly.

great thanks
sebas77
Paid Member

Return to BigDB