Forum BigDB Deleting inactive players

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO database solution, BigDB.

Deleting inactive players

Postby capitaljmedia » March 28th, 2012, 1:39 am

Hey all,

Any advice on how to automatically delete inactive players? I know that I can just run a check on the server whenever anyone joins the game to see if there are any players that have been inactive for a while, but I don't really want this check run during every player's login. I would just want it run once a day, it would be great if there was a way to run a maintenance room once a day that went through the DB and checked for things like this.

-JJ
capitaljmedia

Re: Deleting inactive players

Postby Vania » April 23rd, 2012, 11:37 pm

I need to do this too since the database is full of trash and my games are disabled.

I wonder if playerio keeps information about the last time a player logged in, etc...
Vania

Postby johnnyk427 » April 24th, 2012, 3:14 am

Related question: Is there a way to delete an entire database from the web interface?
johnnyk427
Paid Member

Postby Benjaminsen » May 1st, 2012, 12:38 pm

You could have something that runs once a day, by checking BigDB to see if it has already been run when a room is created.

Tabels can be truncated from the web-admin yes.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby capitaljmedia » May 2nd, 2012, 1:57 am

But that can only be run when a room is created. If for some reason no rooms are created for a few days then the database cleaning will not run, correct?

-JJ
capitaljmedia

Postby Benjaminsen » May 2nd, 2012, 10:59 am

capitaljmedia wrote:But that can only be run when a room is created. If for some reason no rooms are created for a few days then the database cleaning will not run, correct?

-JJ

Correct, but if you don't have any users online, you really have other issues to worry about ;)
Benjaminsen
.IO

Return to BigDB