Forum BigDB Problem displaying and saving playerobject

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO database solution, BigDB.

Problem displaying and saving playerobject

Postby Assonero » July 21st, 2011, 5:13 pm

Hi, sometimes, when i try to refresh the playerobject page, i find that it shows : "loading.." in the center of the page.. and after 2-3 seconds, the text disappear and NOthing else appear in the center of the page.
totally white, where sould be the DB.

the times i have this display error in the page, i cannot also use the Save() function in the serveside code...

i dont understand why, normally all return normal after a long time.

if i try to export, in the times when i see this... all exports good, in the file exported all is good and the objects are there normally.

but if i try to see in the browser the database... nothing appear. the text "No matching objects" doesnt appear. nothing.
also the Save() function gives me problems when the browser cant display the DB...

normally the save function has not problems. i dont understand.
Assonero

Re: Problem displaying and saving playerobject

Postby Henrik » July 21st, 2011, 7:11 pm

That shouldn't happen, I'll look into it and see if you've discovered some fun bug in the interface. :-)
Henrik
.IO

Postby Mrx3D » July 21st, 2011, 8:55 pm

Hey, i've also had some problems with the PlayerObjects the last few days, when doing searching by key for some players the admin site just "locks" up. And also when doing "some" searches with index there is an error on the page but nothing displayed, i have been trying with both IE/Firefox same result.

"Fejl: valueObject is null
Kildefil: http://playerio.com/admin/generated-ass ... igdb/bigdb.[randomfile].js
Linje: 356

anyway it looks related or just me?
Mrx3D
Paid Member

Postby Mrx3D » July 21st, 2011, 9:45 pm

Nevermind me, found the problem. somehow a "string value" had been set to null and the admin / index search page was not too happy with that. Anyhow found that out by doing an export of all the data and doing some clear text searches :D
Mrx3D
Paid Member

Postby Assonero » July 22nd, 2011, 9:02 am

Any news on that?

the day after... i still cant see and save the PlayerObject...

i dunno what to do
Assonero

Postby Assonero » July 22nd, 2011, 12:35 pm

OMG i have noticed a thing really strange... when i try to access to database with my browser.... and the text "Loading... please wait" disappear...

The memory used by the browser BECOMES HUGE.

normally my firefox take at most 200.000 Kb to run(data from the task manager).

if i have the playerio page of the playerobjects... that doesnt show properly...

the memory used by firefox is 1.500.000 Kb... OMG 1,5 GB!!!!! the pc slows down, all programs start crushing and is the apocalypse on my pc.

:))))) u created an Apocalypse page.... omg... what the fk is that...

if i want to access that page, my pc would like to say me :" please no... omg dont try that script".

but when i do it... the apocalypse happen.
Assonero

Postby Mrx3D » July 22nd, 2011, 1:21 pm

Assonero, Sounds alot like the problem i had, if you are looking at page errors in Firefox (Functions>Errorconsol) when loading the PlayerObject. I would think alot of errors is showing.
Mrx3D
Paid Member

Postby Assonero » July 22nd, 2011, 2:02 pm

then? what i have to do exactly?

Yes, there are errors. a lot.

i dont know what to do now. i cant save, i cant show the db on the browser (explorer also, same thing).

and the thing that make me laught, is that my fla file in Adobe flash cs5 crushed in saving phase.. and the file is corrupted and 90% ihave lost 3 months of work ..... omg.
Assonero

Postby Assonero » July 24th, 2011, 1:30 pm

Found the problem.

I had a Circular reference, and the db was HUGE, for this it cannot load and had problems.
The problem was on serverside code.

SOLUTION: TRUNCATE ALL THE TABLES. (obviously if you are still testing).
Assonero

Postby Henrik » July 25th, 2011, 6:24 pm

Do you still have an export of your database from when it contained a circular reference? Could you email it to me at henrik @ playerio.com?

It shouldn't be possible to create circular references.
Henrik
.IO

Return to BigDB