Forum BigDB playerObject properties won't show up in browser

Discussion and help relating to the PlayerIO database solution, BigDB.

playerObject properties won't show up in browser

Postby brunn » January 16th, 2011, 5:45 pm

Hello guys,

I've noticed that when I want to check the properties created in playerObjects table using the web browser and going to the admin panel -> BigDb they don't always show up. Most of the time I don't see any properties, sometimes I go and see all the properties that have been created so far. I basically want to clean the table manually using the web browser. I'm not sure if this is a bug or related to the web browser (I'm using firefox).
brunn

Re: playerObject properties won't show up in browser

Postby Oliver » January 17th, 2011, 12:37 pm

I'm not quite sure if the problem you're describing here is that the browser doesn't show the properties, or your client doesn't save the properties?

- Oliver
Oliver
.IO

Postby brunn » January 17th, 2011, 11:06 pm

Let's put it this way, my client does have the properties (inside playerObjects) but the browser won't show anything when I "Go to adminpanel"->Game->BigDB->PlayerObjects.

Actually I just tried logging in from internet explorer and checking BigDB->PlayerObjects and voila all the properties are visible and I can edit or delete them (I had dozens there).

So it looks like it's a web browser issue, namely firefox.
brunn

Postby Benjaminsen » January 18th, 2011, 12:10 pm

brunn wrote:Let's put it this way, my client does have the properties (inside playerObjects) but the browser won't show anything when I "Go to adminpanel"->Game->BigDB->PlayerObjects.

Actually I just tried logging in from internet explorer and checking BigDB->PlayerObjects and voila all the properties are visible and I can edit or delete them (I had dozens there).

So it looks like it's a web browser issue, namely firefox.

Might be a problem with Javascript Serialization of the objects. If you can post some example objects that fails in firefox it would be great.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby RastaRalle » January 20th, 2011, 3:28 pm

some time ago I had the same problem.
the thing was, that javascript could'nt show objects if they were NULL.
But now it works perfectly.
RastaRalle

Return to BigDB