Forum Feedback Releasing an OpenSource Repository for PlayerIO Client ?

Problem with the website? Confused about something? Or maybe you just have something you'd like to suggest. This is the place to do it.

Releasing an OpenSource Repository for PlayerIO Client ?

Postby Guillaume » March 5th, 2015, 12:42 am

Hi PlayerIO/YGN Team.

Since the Pricing Plan is now very different with Yahoo Games Network, i thought, why not to release an OpenSource repository for PlayerIO Client ?

I'm loving the service, everything work fine, and i always found workaround myself when having problem.

However, since ALL theses upgrades everywhere (thanks Unity, thanks Apple), it become very difficult to maintain an usable or compatible version of PlayerIO. At the moment it's not usable on Unity 5 because of some needed fix in the client dll, and note on iOS (but from within Unity only yeah) because of some unimplemented method from Unity (Arrrgh !!).

I can't blame PlayerIO Team for theses things.

So, would it be possible to release a READ-ONLY repository of each last version of your PlayerIO Client, at least for the Unity version ?

This way, it would be easier for me (and surely other developpers) to correct code if needed in the client when using newer versions of Unity, and also BEING able to use Preprocessor directives within your client code, this way being able to excluse unused or potentially errornous code part when exported to some exotics process like IL2CPP...

I think it would be a great benefit to everyone.
Guillaume

Return to Feedback