Forum Feedback Bug Report: Issue with authenticate and connect

Problem with the website? Confused about something? Or maybe you just have something you'd like to suggest. This is the place to do it.

Bug Report: Issue with authenticate and connect

Postby lutc » January 20th, 2015, 5:00 am

When using PlayerIO.connect, I get the error message "Error: You can only call Connect() on game connections that are using the Basic authentication provider" even though the game connection is using the Basic authentication provider.

When I used PlayerIO.authenticate with Basic and no authentication, or with authentication and the correct auth value, I get the error message "Error: An unexpected error occurred inside the Player.IO webservice. Please try again. - Reference code: 47865c7e"

Note that this only happens with the new "Basic" and not with "Basic (using depreciated SHA1-hashing) in older games"

To reproduce:
1) Create new game
2) Go to "Settings" and click "Save Changes" (the error does not appear before "Save Changes" is clicked)
3) Try to do connect/authenticate
lutc

Re: Bug Report: Issue with authenticate and connect

Postby Henrik » January 28th, 2015, 12:36 am

Connect() is being deprecated in favour of Authenticate, so please use that method instead. We recently released a fix for an issue with Authenticate, I think your use-case should be covered by that. Are you still seeing the error?
Henrik
.IO

Re: Bug Report: Issue with authenticate and connect

Postby lutc » January 28th, 2015, 1:50 pm

Yes fix verified. Tested with and without shared secret.
lutc

Return to Feedback