Forum Feedback Multiple different versions of DLLs in SDK zips

Problem with the website? Confused about something? Or maybe you just have something you'd like to suggest. This is the place to do it.

Multiple different versions of DLLs in SDK zips

Postby gfoot » September 1st, 2014, 3:55 am

I've noticed since first using YGN with Unity about a month ago that in pretty much every SDK revision there are multiple different copies of the PlayerIoUnityClient DLL. Surely this is a mistake? They should at least be identical files.

There is one in the Unity folder, and there are two different ones in the demo Unity project itself. I guess the one in Plugins probably takes priority for that case. There is also another copy embedded in the unitypackage file.
gfoot

Re: Multiple different versions of DLLs in SDK zips

Postby Henrik » September 8th, 2014, 6:17 pm

Thank you, we'll look into this.
Henrik
.IO

Postby Guillaume » September 10th, 2014, 12:12 pm

Just answering to flag this thread.

What is the correct DLL to use for the moment ?

The one contained in the UnityPackage is 438 kB, Modified the 13/08/2014 (in details tab)
The one in the folder with the Unity package is 439 kB, Modified the 27/08/2014 (in details tab).

Must i assume that the 439 kB is the last version to use ?
Or are Android jar / iOS etc. wrong if i use them with the 439 kB because prepared for the 438 kB version ?
Guillaume

Postby gfoot » February 9th, 2015, 12:24 am

This still isn't resolved - I just downloaded the latest SDK (cGtXZki91UiXY1kobnvBkQ) and while there are fewer copies now, they are still not identical.

The copy in the Mushrooms demo has size 468480 bytes, and the copy I get from importing the unitypackage has 532992 bytes. I'm not sure how to tell which is newer.

Also, the XML documentation for the Unity3D DLL seems to be missing?
gfoot

Postby Guillaume » February 9th, 2015, 12:39 am

I would guess that PlayerIO team has forgotten to update the demo project, it would be relatively fair. I think the UnityPackage is the last release.

Also, you may take a look at build date/version on the DLL properties ?
Guillaume

Return to Feedback