Forum Feedback YGN 3.0.6 Changelog ?

Problem with the website? Confused about something? Or maybe you just have something you'd like to suggest. This is the place to do it.

YGN 3.0.6 Changelog ?

Postby Guillaume » May 23rd, 2014, 10:49 am

Hi !

In the future, can you show the Changelog somewhere on the site at each release ?
I don't have found any changelog, and as a developer, these infos are welcome.

If i missed something, i'm sorry !

Thanks !
Guillaume

Re: YGN 3.0.6 Changelog ?

Postby frank84 » May 23rd, 2014, 5:21 pm

Agree, would be nice also if the filename included the version number instead of just "Yahoo Games Network SDK.crQWiDkMk71TT87xTg1T5A.zip". Additionally it would be helpful to include a version string in an include file to be able to tell exactly what version I am currently using in my project.

Does this version of the SDK include the iOS fixes for random disconnections?
frank84

Re: YGN 3.0.6 Changelog ?

Postby Chacaros » October 11th, 2014, 1:08 am

I agree. A changelog would be really nice. The last update [kl8JLfbDw4dhp7RzLL_4zA] added caching objects on servers (using MemoryCache), but it was nowhere mentioned. I just stumbled upon it by inspecting the decompiled diff between the last version and the new one. Its also pretty confusing that even though there is an update, the AssemblyVersion remains the same.

I think those things, the kinda outdated docs and pretty much dead looking forum scare away potential creators from this service. The frequent updates however are indicating that YGN is far from dead, so why is it presented like that? Is PlayerIO mostly used as an inhouse development tool for yahoo games and not really intended for external devs (specifically indies) anymore? I'm kind of confused.
Chacaros

Return to Feedback