Forum Feedback Suggestion: İncrease max concurrent online capasity

Problem with the website? Confused about something? Or maybe you just have something you'd like to suggest. This is the place to do it.

Suggestion: İncrease max concurrent online capasity

Postby uterian » March 30th, 2013, 8:45 pm

Max concurrent online capasity is too low, even an ordinary multiplayer games does have more than 5000 concurrent online players. So I suggest increase concurrent player capasities of all Plus, Pro and Enterprise packets.
uterian

Re: Suggestion: İncrease max concurrent online capasity

Postby Benjaminsen » April 1st, 2013, 5:17 pm

What? You have a very positive problem if you have 5000 concurrent online. You should have no problem upgrading to a bigger plan.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Re: Suggestion: İncrease max concurrent online capasity

Postby dreamora » April 3rd, 2013, 12:17 am

I actually do not agree because CCU is a measure that makes sense for realtime action games where players are in permanentely active sessions.

But Player.IOs lack of UDP and its surely social mmo type of game 'focus' with the features it offers (IAP, BigDB, ...) make this CCU limit very troublesome and often remove Player.IO as an option altogether.

Player.IO already limits the CCU indirectly through the traffic costs where overusage yields higher fees yet 'scaling fees', where the CCU is a 'do or die' limiter that any iOS social mmo game can exceed without making a single dollar at worst even if near zero traffic is generated.

As such I would like to request that either the CCU limiter is removed or applied as a limiter that is XOR related to the traffic to properly seperate 'realtime game usage' and 'social mmo game usage' instead of punishing primarily those that cause only mild load on your machines and network in an absolutely destructive way. (with the current way the plan is specified, nobody creating such games can consider player.io as an option right now, all that don't create their own service are forced to use Moai or Roar Engine)
dreamora

Return to Feedback