Forum Feedback Suggestion: logging & statistics!

Problem with the website? Confused about something? Or maybe you just have something you'd like to suggest. This is the place to do it.

Suggestion: logging & statistics!

Postby cog » January 29th, 2013, 9:39 am

Hi,

I would be interested in "logging" some data, like how long did a player stay online, which items he bought, what "units selection" he used for a battle, etc.
So, not intensive logging but only the essential stuff, probably around a line per player per few minutes or so. The aim is to make statistics and analyze where are the critical points where the player leaves, which units are too weak or too strong, what items are liked/disliked...

I was thinking of using bigDB directly but since the max size of an object would be 500k, that would be quickly reached if the amount of users increase. Ideally, you should also connect to a "logging" room, etc. ...it's not very practical.

The other alternative is to write to a remote server that writes a rolling file. However, since you want to provide a full stack and have already the infrastructure there, I guess it should ideally be placed on your side.

This is just a suggestion, thanks for reading.
cog

Re: Suggestion: logging & statistics!

Postby Benjaminsen » January 29th, 2013, 7:16 pm

Uh! My suggestion would be to wait a few days, then get access to PlayerInsights, which does most of this automatically for you :)
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby ASH1138 » January 30th, 2013, 11:04 am

Benjaminsen wrote:Uh! My suggestion would be to wait a few days, then get access to PlayerInsights, which does most of this automatically for you :)

what is playerInsight? I love new features! :D Will it help my housekeeping server problem Basically I need some code to update the highscores every day. I can't put it in the game code, I can't put it in the client, I can't put it anywhere! :cry:
ASH1138

Postby Benjaminsen » January 30th, 2013, 2:55 pm

ASH1138 wrote:
Benjaminsen wrote:Uh! My suggestion would be to wait a few days, then get access to PlayerInsights, which does most of this automatically for you :)

what is playerInsight? I love new features! :D Will it help my housekeeping server problem Basically I need some code to update the highscores every day. I can't put it in the game code, I can't put it in the client, I can't put it anywhere! :cry:

PlayerInsights are not accessible via our API so you will still need to write a Highscore system. It is however trivial to write a highscore system using BigDB without needing any form of housekeeping server.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Return to Feedback