Forum Feedback Is the playerIO community dead?

Problem with the website? Confused about something? Or maybe you just have something you'd like to suggest. This is the place to do it.

Is the playerIO community dead?

Postby TyroneBiggums » August 17th, 2012, 9:16 pm

Looking around the forums I see that a lot of time go's by between new threads. Is there an active community?
TyroneBiggums

Re: Is the playerIO community dead?

Postby TyroneBiggums » August 17th, 2012, 9:46 pm

I just realized that the last news update was two years ago... Do they not update this anymore? Also the tutorial is outdated...Am I speaking to no one?
TyroneBiggums

Postby dreamora » August 20th, 2012, 9:39 am

Its definitely not dead
But potentially its not the most talkative (-> time wasting) community, more one of the productive sort
dreamora

Postby mindbogglegames » August 21st, 2012, 7:28 pm

They are still update the API they just don't post it on the forums when they do. Something I think they should do
mindbogglegames
Paid Member

Postby dreamora » August 22nd, 2012, 2:54 am

mindbogglegames wrote:They are still update the API they just don't post it on the forums when they do. Something I think they should do

Including changelogs especially yes
dreamora

Postby Benjaminsen » August 30th, 2012, 9:57 pm

Absolutely not dead, just not super great at communicating!

We are however trying to get better!
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby TyroneBiggums » September 2nd, 2012, 2:37 am

Good. I was worried that this was not supported anymore. Still they should give updates in the news section. It threw me off seeing that big of a gap between posts.
TyroneBiggums

Postby Henrik » September 2nd, 2012, 8:10 am

Check the blog instead for updates:

http://playerio.com/blog/
Henrik
.IO

Postby mindbogglegames » September 4th, 2012, 4:23 pm

I would update the "News and Updates" category in the forum whenever I make a new release if I were you guys. I think that's usually one of the first things a new person sees. So they will incorrectly think that no updates have been made since 2010
mindbogglegames
Paid Member

Postby Benjaminsen » September 4th, 2012, 4:41 pm

mindbogglegames wrote:I would update the "News and Updates" category in the forum whenever I make a new release if I were you guys. I think that's usually one of the first things a new person sees. So they will incorrectly think that no updates have been made since 2010

Fair point :)
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby phuein » December 29th, 2012, 5:51 pm

How about some changes that could induce communication and enhance the feeling of life around?

For example, how about redirecting the New And Updates forum to the Blog? That way the project updates don't seem so old.

Also, any Forum that has less than about ten (10) threads, should be considered redundant. Such topics should be discussed in a combined or "general" forum under their own heading. E.g.: AS 1.0/2.0, Unity forums, VB .NET & Other Serverside, and All of Graphics (for Collaboration a subtitle would suffice to encourage such enquirers). Lastly, "ETC, ETC" could be turned into one "General Discussion" forum with its' own Feedback sub-forum that is visible from the forum's main page 8-)

Also, I've been noticing a very awkward graphical bug (latest chrome browser) in the admin panels, that Buttons have a horizontal scroll bar. Easily fixed with a css edit in the like of:
buttonclass {
Overflow: visible; // Visible, so that buttons are never clipped, even when columns may look fugly.
}
http://postimage.org/image/niklj2p0n/

If you are lacking a web master, then I offer myself :P *freelancer*

P.S. If the IRC channel is active, then a "Chat" link in the top menu of the website, and a simple irc chat script page, would do well for bastards like me who dislike having an irc client open all the time :P

I do apologize for being a blabber writer. hahaha
phuein

Return to Feedback