Forum Feedback Development server does not work properly *SOLVED*

Problem with the website? Confused about something? Or maybe you just have something you'd like to suggest. This is the place to do it.

Development server does not work properly *SOLVED*

Postby gustav9797 » August 8th, 2012, 7:44 am

Everytime i start the dev server i get this message:
Code: Select all
Server Started
========================
(waiting for connection)

Trying last loaded dll

Using Game Dll: ClassLibrary1.dll
========================
(dll: C:\Users\Gustav\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ClassLibrary1\ClassLibrary1\bin\Release\ClassLibrary1.dll)

Builtin Test Connection:
There is no server in any of the selected server clusters [Oliver: Development Cluster] that are eligible to start a new room in (they're all at full capacity or there are no servers in any of the clusters). Either change the selected clusters for your game in the admin panel, try again later or start some more servers for one of your clusters.

The only active cluser is the dev cluster. The code works on the playerio main server. I want to be able to debug my code but appearently nope. :/
Last edited by gustav9797 on August 8th, 2012, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
gustav9797

Re: Development server does not work properly

Postby dreamora » August 8th, 2012, 10:11 am

ensure that you forward the required tcp port to the machine in question in your routers and firewall that might block it.

also ensure that the dev server really started. When you execute it in Mono / VS, you will get a dialog asking for your login data, only once you are through there it will run.
In addition you must use the latest server sdk or it will be rejected by the player.io backend (the console will tell you that though if thats the case)

You do not need to modify the clusters for development testing, simply set the client to use the development server / dev server instead of the regular one and you are fine to go
dreamora

Postby gustav9797 » August 8th, 2012, 11:02 am

ensure that you forward the required tcp port to the machine in question in your routers and firewall that might block it.

It is forwarded, I know that.

also ensure that the dev server really started.

In the admin panel it says its on but whats the point of development server if you cant debug the code with it.

When you execute it in Mono / VS, you will get a dialog asking for your login data, only once you are through there it will run.

I am logged in.

In addition you must use the latest server sdk or it will be rejected by the player.io backend (the console will tell you that though if thats the case)

I have the latest, 2.3.2.0
gustav9797

Postby gustav9797 » August 8th, 2012, 11:08 am

Wtf? Its working now.
gustav9797

Re: Development server does not work properly *SOLVED*

Postby dreamora » August 8th, 2012, 1:47 pm

the dev server runs on your machine and can be debugged, at least if you are lucky.
Under MonoDev on osx 10.7 it recently became impossible to debug, unsure for what reason but I decided to not waste too much time on an issue that might be MD3 / OSX / Mono related so I couldn't help in such a case
dreamora

Return to Feedback