Forum Feedback Where to distribute?

Problem with the website? Confused about something? Or maybe you just have something you'd like to suggest. This is the place to do it.

Where to distribute?

Postby wsxdr » June 11th, 2012, 4:23 am

So I am developing a game by unity.

And if I adopt playerIO and develop multiplay part of my game, then where is good place to distribute this completed game except STEAM?

Steam seems to have very tough requirement for release through them.

So develope with playerIO and payvault? and with so much, after that where is good place? Independent launching by own new website? (In this case, how marketing and make gamers come?) or where?

Thx.
wsxdr

Re: Where to distribute?

Postby dreamora » June 11th, 2012, 10:24 am

Any halfway relevant platform to distribute has requirements as nobody wants buggy or low quality stuff cluttering relevant listings in high quality store platforms like Steam / Impulse / Direct 2 Drive / ...

With what you mention, the best places are own page, mac game store and mac app store likely and similar small scale indie interested sales platforms for Windows
dreamora

Postby wsxdr » June 11th, 2012, 11:32 am

dreamora wrote:similar small scale indie interested sales platforms for Windows

Hi dreamora.

So where is there?
wsxdr

Postby mindbogglegames » June 21st, 2012, 12:30 pm

Consider exporting to .swf and put it on Facebook and Flash portals. Or sell it on Flashgamelicense. You can sell Unity games there too if you don't want to export it to .swf
mindbogglegames
Paid Member

Return to Feedback