Forum Feedback Cannot see Keys of Custom BigDB table

Problem with the website? Confused about something? Or maybe you just have something you'd like to suggest. This is the place to do it.

Cannot see Keys of Custom BigDB table

Postby default0 » May 27th, 2010, 10:38 pm

Title explains pretty much everything.

In the admin panel I created another table named "Users", now as I click it, it doesnt show the keys I created for it.
The preset table PlayerObjects works fine on the other hand.
Any ideas?

Best regards
default0

Re: Cannot see Keys of Custom BigDB table

Postby Oliver » May 28th, 2010, 8:35 am

Can you tell me a bit more about what you're doing?

Tables don't store keys, they store database objects that are identified by keys.

I just did a test where i created a new table, and then created a database object in it using the admin panel, and it worked fine.

Are you creating the objects in the users table from AS3 ? Are you sure it's working?

- Oliver
Oliver
.IO

Postby default0 » May 28th, 2010, 1:25 pm

Oliver wrote:Can you tell me a bit more about what you're doing?

Tables don't store keys, they store database objects that are identified by keys.

I just did a test where i created a new table, and then created a database object in it using the admin panel, and it worked fine.

Are you creating the objects in the users table from AS3 ? Are you sure it's working?

- Oliver

I have created them not from AS3 but from Serverside Code, I believe thats what caused it.
Basically my code setup is that I have the profileData key and then in SS Code Im always loading values like "money" + name of the player (a new value that doesnt already exist). After I did this, I was unable to see the keys and the values they store.

Hope this peace of information helps ;)

EDIT: I went ahead and tested it again, this time it all worked fine :?
EDIT2: Okay, heres exactly what I did: With code set up as described above, I logged in, and checked BigDB, it displayed my information etc., and it all worked fine. Then I logget out of my game and refreshed the BigDB page, and then it didnt work fine, in fact, I didnt see my key or its values.

Best regards
default0

Postby Oliver » May 31st, 2010, 8:41 pm

Then I logget out of my game and refreshed the BigDB page, and then it didnt work fine, in fact, I didnt see my key or its values.

Logged out... From the admin panel or from the flash game?

I really don't understand what the problem is here... Is it reproduceable ? Can you make a screencast of it?

- Oliver
Oliver
.IO

Postby default0 » June 1st, 2010, 10:49 am

Oliver wrote:
Then I logget out of my game and refreshed the BigDB page, and then it didnt work fine, in fact, I didnt see my key or its values.

Logged out... From the admin panel or from the flash game?

I really don't understand what the problem is here... Is it reproduceable ? Can you make a screencast of it?

- Oliver

I will make you a small video, so you can see exactly what I do, and I said "I logged out of my game" this obviously means, I logged out of the game, not the admin panel ;)

EDIT: Tried to recreate it, and it failed. The new table I tried to test works perfectly fine. The old tables dont workt, though.
They say theyre loading data and then after the loading (apparently) is complete I just see a white screen :?

Best regards
default0

Postby Oliver » June 1st, 2010, 3:08 pm

For people looking at the thread later: We've had a screen sharing session and were able to fix the issue.

It was a bug in the admin panel only and has been fixed for everybody.
Oliver
.IO

Return to Feedback