Forum Feedback Connection "Type"

Problem with the website? Confused about something? Or maybe you just have something you'd like to suggest. This is the place to do it.

Connection "Type"

Postby AaronSDG » May 23rd, 2010, 10:49 pm

In the list of various plans, you mention "connection types." Could you clarify further what this means? For example, I would like authentication to be optional on my server. Unauthenticated users would receive some sort of generic Guest#### ID and would be able to browse the available game options, but they would not be able to interact at the same level an authenticated user could (Simple, Facebook, or Kongregate). Is this the sort of thing you mean?
AaronSDG

Re: Connection "Type"

Postby fox1980 » May 25th, 2010, 3:53 am

I think it has more to do with access level, than where the users are coming from.
But you can read more about it here: http://playerio.com/documentation/connections
fox1980

Postby flash_mmo » May 26th, 2010, 12:14 pm

AaronSDG wrote:In the list of various plans, you mention "connection types." Could you clarify further what this means? For example, I would like authentication to be optional on my server. Unauthenticated users would receive some sort of generic Guest#### ID and would be able to browse the available game options, but they would not be able to interact at the same level an authenticated user could (Simple, Facebook, or Kongregate). Is this the sort of thing you mean?

Basically what this does, is that it connects through the facebook API. Using the current logged in users details off their facebook.
If you use Simplelogin/register you create your own user db and thus making them log in from your player.io database.
Then if you use a guest login, you can have that as well. Actually you can have all three up and running at the same time.

They do not give different access levels unless you want them to, and they do not log into different rooms unless you specify so.
Upon connection, you can check if the user is a guest or a registered member, and simply put them in the right room using a simple if statement.

I hope that answers your question, as it was kind of blurry to begin with what you wanted. :P
flash_mmo

Postby AaronSDG » May 26th, 2010, 1:22 pm

Sorry for the blurriness. I'm having a hard time conceptualizing what is being referred to. As I read and re-read the documentation linked to earlier, I think it is becoming clearer. I'll keep a lid on further questions until I get a little more code written up. Thanks for your help.
AaronSDG

Postby Oliver » May 28th, 2010, 8:37 am

I'll keep a lid on further questions until I get a little more code written up

Don't do that -- there is no such thing as stupid questions here.

- Oliver
Oliver
.IO

Return to Feedback