Forum Feedback Allow download of older versions

Problem with the website? Confused about something? Or maybe you just have something you'd like to suggest. This is the place to do it.

Allow download of older versions

Postby Quindor » November 25th, 2010, 2:22 pm

Good day,

I'm banging my head against a Development Server issue I posted in another forum. By searching I also found out that a user was able to work it around by reinstalling an older release. However this site allows only the latest version to be downloaded. Could you allow users to get older releases?
Quindor

Re: Allow download of older versions

Postby Oliver » November 25th, 2010, 10:13 pm

Hello,

The reason we only have the latest version available for download is that the development server and webservice sometimes have to be updated in lock-step. That is, we change the webservice and update the development server at the same time and require users of the old development server to update in order to ensure that both work together seemlessly.

Sometimes we don't force an update because the old development server version will work with the new webservice, but we prefer that most people are using the latest and greatest development server.

All that being said, i understand that you've got an issue with the current version. I'll reply in the other thread in a few minutes.

Best,
Oliver
Oliver
.IO

Return to Feedback