Forum Showroom Elementa Kai Flash Game WIP

Show your interesting finds or creations off here.

Elementa Kai Flash Game WIP

Postby SelfPossessed » June 16th, 2012, 10:34 pm

Foreword:
For a variety of personal reasons, this project was on hiatus for a few months. I'm trying to get back into developing it now, mostly trying to get myself motivated enough to code it again. It's a lot harder than I thought to start back up.

It's nowhere NEAR ready to show (REALLY bare bones) and the code is old as hell. But here is what I had. Just gotta move forward with it.

Description:
Multiplayer 1v1 arena fighting game. Done for Avatar: The Last Airbender as a fan game.

Demo Link: (open it twice, see instructions!)
http://avatar.netne.net/rollback/

Github Link with Old Ugly Tightly Coupled Code:
https://github.com/SelfPossessed/Elementa-Kai

Instructions:
Open the link in 2 different windows (not tabs). The server is a bounce server that connects the first two joiners into a game. Move with WASD.

Earth (green girl) Implemented Moveset:
  • Create Boulder - Click and hold the mouse down for 1 second, then release. A Boulder will appear.
  • Throw Boulder - Click and hold the mouse down on a Boulder, then flick the mouse quickly in a direction before releasing the mouse button. Done correctly, the Boulder should start moving.
  • Push Boulder - Walk into a Boulder. You can push multiple Boulder simultaneously.

Notes:
  • If the game appears to keep lagging, try opening it in two different browsers or two different computers. Multiple clients in certain situations will share the same cpu time or something similar, causing lag.
  • If one client shows stuff moving way earlier than the other and is choppy as a result, refresh both windows to restart it. I haven't coded a sync to the start time yet so sometimes it's off.
  • Nothing else has been implemented yet. It's pretty bare bones.
  • There is sometimes a rare desync of the clients. I have been unable to debug it yet. Just restart.
  • It's possible to knock the Airbender out of the arena. :o
SelfPossessed

Return to Showroom