Forum Showroom Rise of Heroes: Online

Show your interesting finds or creations off here.

Rise of Heroes: Online

Postby JamesPro » June 12th, 2012, 12:36 am

Rise of Heroes: Online is a Fantasy based OpenWorld Sandbox MMORPG.

There will be a big focus on Guilds and Politics (Wars, Alliances, Power, ect). Guilds will be able to build Cities and Fight over control of land and resources.

Patches:

Alpha 0.0.1 - Released: Saturday June 9th 2012
Features:
- Demo of Login Screen
- User Registration
- User Login

Bug Fixes:
- None

Alpha 0.0.2 - Released: Sunday June 10th 2012
Features:
- More advanced Login Screen
- Launcher/Patcher to update the Client

Bug Fixes:
- None

Alpha 0.0.3 - Release Date: TBD
Features:
- Character Creation
- Character Selection
- A Networked Single Player Test Area with Networked Zones and Asset Loading Zones

Bug Fixes:
- TBD

- Latest Screenshots -

Patcher:

The Testing Area

The Testing Area
JamesPro

Re: Rise of Heroes: Online

Postby JamesPro » June 13th, 2012, 5:56 pm

Here is a little updated Screenshot showing the work being done on the GUI:

JamesPro

Postby dreamora » June 13th, 2012, 6:00 pm

A good step forward

but why the Eve Online avatar shot?
dreamora

Postby JamesPro » June 13th, 2012, 6:08 pm

Just as a placeholder for now. There will be a picture of the Player's Avatar right there but I'm not completely sure how I am going to handle that yet. I wanted a feel for what the finished gui will look like though so I just added it in. I did a google search for MMO Character Portraits and that was the closest I could find to what I would like the finished result to look like.
JamesPro

Postby JamesPro » June 20th, 2012, 5:39 pm

Well I ended up having my project Crash and lost most of the testing area I had layed out which also meant I was going to have to setup the scripts on the player and everything all over again... So I'm taking a little break from Unity3D and testing out Player.IO with some other rendering Libraries.

I've got Player.IO working perfectly with MOgre which is a C# wrapper for Ogre3D. Ogre3D is by far my first choice for Game Development even though I need libraries for all the other Game Systems. I've used Ogre3D the most and love it. So it's great that Player.IO is working so well with it. With MOgre I'm also able to setup IronPython for Scripting and expose all my Game Systems to IronPython.

I'll post the little demo I'm working on Once I get it finished.
JamesPro

Postby dreamora » June 20th, 2012, 5:58 pm

If you like OGRE, I would consider looking at NeoAxis which bases on it too and is more than just a 'slow' wrapper around OGRE, I would consider it to be more of a Unity competitor for the platforms it supports
dreamora

Postby JamesPro » June 20th, 2012, 6:11 pm

Yeah, I've used it in the past. From what I saw of it though with the free version it would be pretty hard to take it's networking out and replace it with Player.IO though. I also like the ability to add IronPython for scripting which I'm not sure how that would work with NeoAxis... Worth checking out again though.
JamesPro

Postby Benjaminsen » August 31st, 2012, 11:59 am

This looks amazing, is there anywhere I can try it out?
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby JamesPro » August 31st, 2012, 1:48 pm

I'm sure the client is still on my website however when I had my test area crash I lost alot of my work I had done so I kind of stopped working on it... I've been working on a new Space based game that will be setup sort of like EVE: Online where you will have multiple systems that you can warp between. Each System will be a different Player.IO Room so each system will hold 45 people.

Once I upgrade to a paid account I would like to see about working something out with you guys to be able to allow more then 45 people per system but that's down the road a ways. I've got a Webplayer Demo of this game online -

http://www.riseofheroesmmo.com/conquest/index.html

I've got player Movement synced across the network so you can see all other players connected to your system and see their movement and I've got playerVSplayer combat working but still buggy. Graphics will need an upgrade once I've got the coding done for it but it's a start. It really isn't fun unless other people are connected though since there are no mobs or anything else to do besides combat at this time which requires others to be online.
JamesPro

Return to Showroom