Forum Showroom Agile Heroes

Show your interesting finds or creations off here.

Agile Heroes

Postby MrNothing » May 19th, 2012, 9:13 am

Hi everyone!

I switched my project from smartfox to playerIO a few weeks ago and i am really amazed by the quality of the service provided!

I would like to show you my latest project, a browser based dota like game, strongly inspired from League of Legends.

The game is still in alpha stage, i am more looking for feedbacks than players for the moment.

Here is a screenshot:

Here is the temporary link: http://tc2.webuda.com/

Press ESC to show the menu and set fullscreen mode.

Of course if you have any questions i would be glad to answer them!

I hope you will enjoy!

Note: if the downloading fails just refresh the page!
MrNothing

Re: Agile Heroes

Postby jsheppard » May 31st, 2012, 6:19 am

This looks like a nifty game. Definitely looks like it needs some work though.
jsheppard

Postby dreamora » May 31st, 2012, 8:41 am

I agree on that.

But if done right the game could definitely grow quite a bit as the genre is definitely one of the hot ones right now
dreamora

Postby FulaFisken » May 31st, 2012, 9:51 am

I tried to move the champion but nothing happened.
Fula Fisken
website blog twitter
Play Game
Astroflux
FulaFisken
Paid Member

Postby jsheppard » May 31st, 2012, 2:03 pm

FulaFisken wrote:I tried to move the champion but nothing happened.

I believe moment is done using the WASD keys. That seems to be one of the more clunky aspects of the game at the moment.
jsheppard

Postby FulaFisken » May 31st, 2012, 2:40 pm

Ohhh... I thought I was going to use the mouse. Also, I think its better to always have your hero selected, as in LoL.

Otherwise the game looked really good. I would do a smaller map that is balanced for 1v1 battles, it is much easier to design and is a good starting point. Adding maps with more players is easy once 1v1 works good.
Fula Fisken
website blog twitter
Play Game
Astroflux
FulaFisken
Paid Member

Postby Maras » June 10th, 2012, 4:01 pm

Hey,
it looks amazing! Im looking forward to see it live.

I think the gameplay should be much more faster than DotA/ LoL / HoN - you don't want to compete with these guys, do you?

What if average game length would be around 10-15 mins?
Maras

Postby Maras » June 10th, 2012, 4:04 pm

BTW how big is your team and how long does it took to make it into this from scratch?

Thanks
Maras

Postby MrNothing » June 10th, 2012, 6:13 pm

Took me 6 months to do everything from scratch, also am alone in this project.

I am currently changing the concept of the game, the players didn't really wanted to leave LoL, Hon or Dota 2, i will choose a concept that wont compete with these. the system is very flexible (it was supposed to be an mmo when i started), so i am hesitating between making it an mmo or something else.
MrNothing

Postby Maras » June 10th, 2012, 8:05 pm

That's really impressive!

Well you can't really compete with LoL and such, why play something like LoL when you can play LoL.

But I would love to see and play DotA with 10-15 min gameplay - when I dont have one hour of time to play.
Maras

Postby jsheppard » June 10th, 2012, 8:26 pm

Maras wrote:But I would love to see and play DotA with 10-15 min gameplay - when I dont have one hour of time to play.

Ditto. If you can pull something like this off (and do it well) , I think you're going to have a great niche in the dota games.
jsheppard

Postby MrNothing » June 10th, 2012, 9:29 pm

jsheppard wrote:
Maras wrote:But I would love to see and play DotA with 10-15 min gameplay - when I dont have one hour of time to play.

Ditto. If you can pull something like this off (and do it well) , I think you're going to have a great niche in the dota games.

I will modify the map to make it smaller, with only 1 lane per team. I will then test it on a crowded forum or some other place.
MrNothing

Postby Maras » June 10th, 2012, 10:03 pm

MrNothing wrote:
jsheppard wrote:

I will modify the map to make it smaller, with only 1 lane per team. I will then test it on a crowded forum or some other place.

Well first, I would try to dramatically increase experience and coins gain from mobs.

That should be easy and could make the games much faster.
Maras

Postby dreamora » June 11th, 2012, 12:52 pm

Balance is a thing that shouldn't be done until the new concept is there.

And I agree, chances to get people to switch from LoL, HoN and DotA2 is limited to a single game and that will be Blizzard All-Stars (formerly blizzard dota).

I agree that a game with a shorter play period would definitely be great.
See to create maps and modes that try to push that (LoLs dominion or generally CTF / Hill style battle modes are a good base concept here), where Action and Adrenaline are a near permanent aspect.

And most important: don't try to steal players from LoL or competing with these games. For that this game is 2 years too late and the team 30 man too small in size to pull it of with then needed speed, not just up to release but also afterwards, to even stand the slightest chance. Instead look at the complaints the users have especially more casual ones and try to build a great experience for them (and see to be there before Blizzard All-Stars is released cause I would bet they will grab the casuals within 8-12months)
dreamora

Return to Showroom