Forum Showroom Worst... Showcase... Ever.

Show your interesting finds or creations off here.

Worst... Showcase... Ever.

Postby EgoAnt » March 4th, 2010, 9:49 pm

Okay, so it isn't the WORST ever, but it's probably close. I'm just excited that everything is coming together!

I have been working on Knaves Online for quite some time now, and I'm finally starting to get ready for a public test (not really a beta test, since the initial tests won't be feature complete). Here's what I have so far:

1 player model: The Rogue
12 Monsters: (Here are two of them) Diamond Dragon and Crimson Pixie
The main interface (with nothing wired up): http://apps.facebook.com/knaves-online

The last link is to the Facebook application, so it requires a Facebook login. The initial tests will start at the end of the month. At that time I will only have the Quick Battle and the Arena done. Still, things are really ripping along now!
EgoAnt

Re: Worst... Showcase... Ever.

Postby mindfoolgames » March 5th, 2010, 12:56 am

Nice artwork/animations.

This game looks like something I would enjoy playing. I've added the FB app, so I guess I'll be playing as you get things ironed out.
mindfoolgames

Postby Cyclone103 » March 5th, 2010, 1:00 am

Oh wow, nice graphics! That reminds me, I need some graphics done, I need to find an artist...
Cyclone103

Postby Oliver » March 5th, 2010, 3:12 pm

What are you on? THat's not the worst showcase ever, it's really good.

The graphics are really, really nice! I can't wait to play it :-)

Let me know if you need to discuss facebook integration or need help with anything.

Best,
- Oliver
Oliver
.IO

Postby EgoAnt » March 5th, 2010, 4:37 pm

I was just saying it's a pretty bad showcase because I was expecting to have something playable by now. Most of the graphics are done by Chai Studio in Thailand. Best artist I have ever worked with. I can't stress how FAST he is. I give him a concept of what I want and he has concept sketches to me usually in under 48 hours.

I'm really excited about this game, when I had the idea of mixing Poker and RPG I thought, "That would never work." But then I let the idea roll around in my head for a while and soon I was thinking, "That could be awesome."
EgoAnt

Postby Cyclone103 » March 5th, 2010, 8:41 pm

How much does he usually charge? His art is great!

I have some spare cash, I could probably afford some art.

I asked a good friend if they wanted to do my graphics, they agreed, but I have no idea if they can even draw at all. OTPS, they aren't charging, so I can't really lose here :P
Cyclone103

Postby EgoAnt » March 5th, 2010, 11:57 pm

It's about $150 US per character from design all the way to animation... Give or take. Obviously prices will fluctuate based on the complexity of your request, but to me it was VERY worth the price.
EgoAnt

Postby Cyclone103 » March 6th, 2010, 10:32 pm

Oof, that's all the money I have to spare. I could purchase a single character....lmao
Cyclone103

Postby Toby » March 7th, 2010, 12:02 am

Cyclone103 wrote:Oof, that's all the money I have to spare. I could purchase a single character....lmao

Get the gameplay good enough and it will pay itself for the graphics. :)
Toby

Postby Cyclone103 » March 8th, 2010, 9:55 pm

True, can't argue with that logic.

I guess I can deal with bad graphics for a while.
Cyclone103

Postby EgoAnt » March 9th, 2010, 11:16 pm

Yeah, I've basically gone a bit overboard with the amount of art I have ordered for this game, but I got tired of looking at my games and thinking, "That's sort of cool, but UGLY." I wanted a game that looked how I envisioned it, and I might end up taking a loss on the game because of it, but I just wanted to have that one beautiful game under my belt. :D
EgoAnt

Return to Showroom