Forum The Lounge PlayerIO Outdated?

Talk about unrelated topics here.

PlayerIO Outdated?

Postby Deathline » March 18th, 2017, 1:59 pm

Hello Devs,

I have a Question. I've observed the last few Years PlayerIO, because its a cool and easy Network API. But why did there didnt come any Update. There isnt also a Chance to buy Source Code. I Have no Chance to Host my Game at my own Host Cloud(yeah on pro +).

And ive seen not really that anythinged changed the Last Few Years. Yeah the Only thing was That Yahoo buyed it. And then u PlayerIO buyed again back.

So im interested to hear what are u to Planing in the next few Years to do(develop).

(Seems here like everything is dead with PlayerIO)

Thanks in advance for answering.
Deathline

Re: PlayerIO Outdated?

Postby Henrik » March 19th, 2017, 8:05 am

You can always check out the news section of the site to see what has been released recently:

https://playerio.com/news/

There will be some pretty cool releases soon, some of the most requested features will certainly make it live.
Henrik
.IO

Re: PlayerIO Outdated?

Postby Deathline » March 19th, 2017, 11:03 am

Yeah, i think thats are not really big releases and there is a really big timestep between them.
I love to work with PlayerIO, but why as developer or company i must use PlayerIO? There is no safety for a company or so. Whats goin on when u go insolvency? Did the Company, Developers run their Application at home or in Hosting Center?

And the most sad thing is the SDK is like 7 Years old in the Scripts from Unity stand 2010. The Serverside from the Unity3d SDK is buggy, and dont run.

Yeah i hope u can help me and others to keep our choice on PlayerIO.
Thanks in advance.
Deathline

Return to The Lounge