Forum General Can't submit my game because of missing login?

Any issues or discussions relating to Flash development are welcome here.

Can't submit my game because of missing login?

Postby ySandsOfTimey » July 22nd, 2014, 12:12 am

Hi all,

I know I have penetrated this forum for with my questions a bit, but now I am at a point where I thought I had everything together and have submitted my game.
The problem is, that my game uses the usertoken it gets from the query-string I got from the yahoo login (which is also passed when I click on "test canvas") and uses it to connect with playerIO. Of course this is correct, but the game does not work when the usertoken is not passed.
This is a problem, because I don't know how I can give a valid link to the submission-team. They wrote me back, that the loading-bar stops at 90% which is the case when there is no usertoken in the url.

The game is hosted on gameFS.

In the canvas setting there is a check in front of:
- Require Login
- Include User GamerName in UserToken
- Include User's Avatar in UserToken

With webgame-enabled is checked in PlayLinks, a simply "?pc=" is added to the link, nothing more:
https://playerio-a.akamaihd.net/cat-paw ... x.html?pc=

With webgame-enabled unchecked, a login pops up. But when I log in, an error-message appears:

Sorry, but Paw-Pal-Puzzle is not available on desktop computers.
However, you can still play Paw-Pal-Puzzle on :
(Click to install)

... which makes no sense for a flash game.

I wonder what I can do, some ideas:

- Have a script in the .html which detects that there was no login and force the user to login again somehow.
- Enable playing with no valid usertoken (like a test-account without access to the player-io features)
- Change some setting somewhere to configure having the login right at start...

Any help is pretty much appreciated,

Thanks a lot! All you guys are the best :)
ySandsOfTimey
Paid Member

Re: Can't submit my game because of missing login?

Postby AquamentosGames » July 22nd, 2014, 8:42 pm

Yahoo! Games Network canvas linking is really new to Player.IO - it wasn't a feature before Yahoo! bought it out. I'm not sure how many people have successfully linked their Player.IO games to it yet - I wouldn't be entirely surprised if this is a bug in the API.

Given the number of problems that people have had with some of the other new features (like Notifications) I think this is entirely likely.

My business plan hasn't looked at adding Yahoo! Games Network yet, and it's not something I plan to do until after my game is out of Alpha testing, so I have no idea how to help. As these are new features it'll be hard to get 'grass roots' help from the community forums - hopefully soon the Player.IO devs will have some of the merger stuff settled and will be more active on the forums.
AquamentosGames

Postby ySandsOfTimey » July 23rd, 2014, 1:02 am

Hi AquamentosGames,

your answer helped me in that way, that I decided to submit a link with a development-token as param.
Of course, payments can not be tested and they will play only with my
account, but I see no other opportinity right now.

Let's see what kind of answer I get...
ySandsOfTimey
Paid Member

Postby Henrik » July 29th, 2014, 11:33 pm

Making it easier for developers to submit their games to the Yahoo Games Channel is something we're working on. We know that the process is not very good right now, and I'm sorry for the confusion around your submission.
Henrik
.IO

Return to General