Forum General Never-ending Required Update (2.1.0.0)

Any issues or discussions relating to Flash development are welcome here.

Never-ending Required Update (2.1.0.0)

Postby Tenko » March 23rd, 2011, 8:22 pm

**Problem Fixed**

Hello. I am new to player.io. Excited about trying to make an online card game. Already have figured out how to make it work even with the room limit of 45. Trying to make my game DLL to upload it and test the connection with my flash client before I start developing everything else.

My problem is, when I hit F5 in C# Express, I get a window that says "Required Update (2.1.0.0)". I use the download now button and I follow the instructions in the window for replacing the libraries. But after I replace the libraries and finish the instructions and restart C# Express and hit F5 again, the same "Required Update (2.1.0.0)" window appears. Replaced the libraries twice now and it's still not working.

I must be doing something wrong? I don't have "csc" as an available command for the DOS commandline so I can't find a way to use the command-line DLL compiler. I figured that since the project was already set as a class library I should just be able to use F5 to compile the DLL?
Tenko

Re: Never-ending Required Update (2.1.0.0)

Postby Tenko » March 23rd, 2011, 9:02 pm

I went to the website and got a different link for the 2.1.1 release, but then I noticed that in the bin/debug folder, for the test server, there were the development files. I replaced them in that part this time, and it seems to have worked. Got to the development login window.

I was using a template from another game to start mine, it had an additional 'test server' project which required me to replace more libraries than were in the instructions. My fault. :shock:
Tenko

Return to General