Forum Collaboration Looking to host simple multiplayer games

For the designers who can't program and programmers who can't design.

Looking to host simple multiplayer games

Postby joel » April 1st, 2010, 2:47 pm

Hi

I've just started working for a start-up (with no money). We are looking to implement a simple concept, to have a web site with online multi-player games, that 2 or more friends / people can play competitively. It doesn't matter what the games is so much, as whether there is a clear winner at the end.

We have lots of ideas around this, points, prizes, lots of things that have been done before, and hopefully a slightly new angle.

To implement our site, we need to partner with games developers who might be interested in having another site showcase their games, and also, one day, make some money from their game.

If anyone is interested, please email me, joel@korn.me.uk.

We are very new, so although I will reply quickly, the site won't be live for several months at the least.

Thanks - Joel
joel

Re: Looking to host simple multiplayer games

Postby Oliver » April 1st, 2010, 11:08 pm

Hi Joel,

I sense skill-based gambling, right?

For that, you'll want to be absolutely sure that players don't cheat.

Player.IO would be great for these types of games because you can run all the logic serverside in a fully trusted environment, while using the clients for game-input and playback of events from the server.

- Oliver
Oliver
.IO

Postby joel » April 6th, 2010, 1:40 pm

Hey - Yes and No,

Gambling games would work, but so would chess, scrabble, su-do-ku, racing, fighting, etc etc, as long as there was a clear winner. Unfortunately, we dont have the resources to develop the games (at least not in the forseeable future), so we, ideally, want other people who have written games, to partner with us.

It should be a win / win situation. We get games on our site, and game writers get exposure, and, we hope, money.

I agree though, a site like playerIO is exactly the sort of 'paradigm' for games, although i don't like the word much :).

Joel
joel

Postby D-rock2308 » November 2nd, 2010, 11:30 pm

Well, My friend and I have decided we want to try out the interface, (even though we're amateur game makers and havn't made a game before, we have good ideas though) we're looking to create simple, fun, and addicting games. Anyway, you say your going to get money, will it be shared with devs? We might just look your way if we want to upload our games to other sites. Keep in mind we havn't started and we are going to brainstorm how our game will work.
D-rock2308

Return to Collaboration