Forum Other Serverside Any plans for a HTTP REST API?

Other languages which can compile to a .Net 2.0 DLL

Any plans for a HTTP REST API?

Postby mzmiric5 » October 14th, 2015, 12:08 pm

Hi PIO/YGN team,

just a quick question since I wasn't able to find this information anywhere. Are there any plans to make PlayerIO/YGN API requests also work via HTTP REST requests for tools that want to use your service but are not written in a language for which the client sdk exists.

Basically, we have a flash game which works perfectly fine with the PlayerIO client, and stores data into BigDB, but we would like to be able to retrieve this data in a number of different environments where we can't use flash, and which might not even be a game (for example an externally exposed leaderboard or some kind of game stats on a website/webapp). If there is no plans for a REST API, any chance we'll see a client sdk for js/nodejs ?

Thanks.
mzmiric5

Re: Any plans for a HTTP REST API?

Postby Guillaume » October 14th, 2015, 1:15 pm

Actually, with some Google search, i have been able to find someone that implemented a PHP version. Don't know if its complete or not, but that was on Github (sorry i don't have the URL in mind).

Still waiting for a Javascript / WebGL compatible version, as Flash is dying...
Guillaume

Re: Any plans for a HTTP REST API?

Postby mzmiric5 » October 14th, 2015, 1:24 pm

Guillaume, I assume this is the one you are talking about https://github.com/Yonom/playerio-php ? I've tried it, but couldn't really get it to work with our setup.

Would be really nice to hear if PIO/YGN team are planning a JS client or at least that REST API (considering that then they wouldn't need to maintain a large number of clients and would allow more devs to use the service).
mzmiric5

Return to Other Serverside