Forum C# It's not new SDK's fault

It's not new SDK's fault

Postby angelhdz12 » March 9th, 2016, 10:07 am

It's not new SDK's fault

It's Player.IO Development Server.exe's fault. After hours of struggling, came up with the idea of testing the Tic-Tac-Toe's project, and it worked like a charm, so I began searching for differences between that project and the NewGame project. Finally, replaced the Player.IO Development Server.exe from NewGame project with the one in Tic-Tac-Toe's project
(in each sub folders:
- Serverside Code\Multiplayer,
- Serverside Code\Player.IO Test Server Project\bin\Debug
- Serverside Code\Player.IO Test Server Project\bin\Debug
- Serverside Code\Player.IO Test Server Project\obj\Debug
)

and it finally loaded the correct .dll file (newGame.dll in my case). Errors gone and it connected. Hope this helps someone.

There errors in the attached pictures.

error.jpg
error.jpg (67.08 KiB) Viewed 95451 times
works2.jpg
works2.jpg (107.99 KiB) Viewed 95451 times
works.jpg
works.jpg (91.31 KiB) Viewed 95451 times
angelhdz12

Re: It's not new SDK's fault

Postby Guillaume » March 9th, 2016, 2:19 pm

Actually, you can at any time change the current loaded DLL by clicking on its name when you have launched the Dev server.
Guillaume

Postby angelhdz12 » March 11th, 2016, 7:42 am

Thanks Guillaume. I know that fact. But as the Player.IO Development Server.exe file is damaged, even changing the .dll manually will give errors. I tried multiple times, with the debug and release .dll's. This all fixed by replacing the Player.IO Development Server.exe file. Now, my IDE (Xamarin Studio) builds the correct and working .dll's.

Note: The Player.IO Development Server.exe file is only damaged in the project called NewGame in the Flash package (the most used project). The Tic-Tac-Toe project has a healthy one. And this is in the latest SDK .zip file. Old versions of the SDK worked like a charm.
angelhdz12

Postby Henrik » March 12th, 2016, 10:58 pm

Thanks for the bug report angelhdz12, we'll take a look.
Henrik
.IO

Return to C#