Forum C# Server crashes, because the RAM Memory is full

Server crashes, because the RAM Memory is full

Postby default0 » April 21st, 2013, 1:25 pm

Dear PIO,

our team is having some issues with your/our server. It crashes, because the RAM Memory is full. This leads to the well known problem with the different rooms; they dont close themselves automatically and it is not possible to close them manually. To rectify the problem we would like you to install a Garbage Collection into your server code. It will remove RAM and repair the mistake. Furthermore we will have to install this garbage collection into our server code too, but we are not sure how to do this. If it would be possible we would like you to explain us how to do this.

Greez,
The BlackGalaxy - Team
Try to play my Game: -->BlackGalaxy<--
default0

Re: Server crashes, because the RAM Memory is full

Postby dreamora » April 21st, 2013, 3:19 pm

PlayerIO uses .NET and as such runs on GC by default.

GC does not prevent RAM from filling up or getting overfilled, that would be a matter of load balancing / over usage preventing managers which should theoretically be in place though I've my doubts about them working correctly due to similar experiences as yours and a few other ones last autumn that made even less sense aside of showing that Player.IO does not properly seperate applications in distinct, resource limited app domains as one would expect from a .net backend
dreamora

Return to C#