Forum C# Odd Development server, Can't connect

Odd Development server, Can't connect

Postby atizoa » March 18th, 2013, 6:09 am

My problem is that I can not connect to my development server. I will type out a list of everything I've done, and everything I think is of importance.

1. I unblocked the specified ports.
2. I have the most recent dev server, i downloaded it today
3. I only have the dev server in the active cluster.

4. Apparently I have 2 "my" clusters, and only one is online ( this is expected )
5. In "my online" active cluster it states :
The server is not publicly accessible on any ports.
Please open port 8184 in your firewall if you want to run live games on this server

YET, i have those ports unblocked on my firewall as many ways as possible.

6. I tried a program created by Benjamin ( i believe ) that tries connecting to a development server, and some how it connected to my dev server and created a room .WHICH the development server ( on my computer ) clearly shows has been created.

7. IMPORTANT: On the development server exe it waits for a connection, and tries loading last loaded dll and uses it. After that, it displays the path to the server dll and shows this MESSAGE:
Builtin Test Connection:
There is no server in any of the selected server clusters [Oliver: Development Cluster] that are eligible to start a new room in (they're all at full capacity or there are no servers in any of the clusters). Either change the selected clusters for your game in the admin panel, try again later or start some more servers for one of your clusters.

A: No clients are connected, reason one is impossible.
B: It shows in my admin panel that the dev server is in the active list.

8. YET, read number 6, worked.

I have no idea what is going on, and I have spent hours searching for an answer. Please link me to any tutorial for setting the development server up or how to use it, because i could not find one. I would love for some help, Andrew.

ps: I'm sure it's not my server side code, I'm rather familiar with c# and love programming in it. And the server side works on the main playerIO clusters.
atizoa

Re: Odd Development server, Can't connect

Postby Benjaminsen » March 19th, 2013, 11:26 am

Do not open firewalls, it's not needed. Simply set the developmentServer variable.

Likewise, it looks like your dev server is logged in with the wrong user. In the top right corner press the logout button, then login with your own user.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Re: Odd Development server, Can't connect

Postby atizoa » March 19th, 2013, 9:24 pm

Are you talking about the server side ( I'm not sure ), or the client side?

In the client side i have a method for connecting to the server. C#
NOTE: my game is being worked as an exe using c# and c++. They are being used together through binding.
Code: Select all
      public static void MakeConnection(string playerioGameId, double testing)
      {
         // connect to the server
         PlayerIO.Connect(
           playerioGameId, // game id given through the admin pannel
          "public", // id of the connection
          "0",   // user id?
          null,
          null,   // not using partner pay.
          delegate(Client client)
          {
            Answer = 1; // not important
            GClient = client;
            if ( testing == 1)  // I used a double for an unimportant purpose.
            {
               GClient.Multiplayer.DevelopmentServer = new ServerEndpoint("localhost", 8184);
            }
          },// success
          delegate(PlayerIOError err) { Answer = 0; }// failure
       );
      }

So assuming that testing was passed, the development server variable has been set. Also, it shows that I make a connection with the server - but I cannot create rooms. What could be that cause?
atizoa

Return to C#