Forum C# Playerio's servers close my rooms

Playerio's servers close my rooms

Postby radmahdi » March 4th, 2013, 10:03 am

I am developing an online multiplier game, and the game is on the testing level. The problem which bothers me and I am worry about it is; it happens sometimes that the rooms which players are playing in them will be closed automatically without any error in error log.
Any idea will be appreciated.
radmahdi

Re: Playerio's servers close my rooms

Postby Benjaminsen » March 4th, 2013, 11:36 am

Did you upload a PDB with your serverside code?
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby radmahdi » March 4th, 2013, 12:37 pm

Thanks for your reply.
No, I did not. I do not know too mcuh about the PDB file. Shall I upload the PDB file with DLL on the same directory? If yes, why my game executes without PDB.
Thanks again.
radmahdi

Postby AndyKerrison » March 4th, 2013, 2:10 pm

I have been getting a similar error. Rooms would close with no error in the log. I can't be sure if this is actually the issue, but the code running which caused the exit had quite deeply nested function calls. I restructured the code to ping an event back to the client(s) and return as an alternative to nested calls, and I have not seen the error since.

I don't think it was the 100ms time limit, as when this occurs I get an exception in the logs (and, since I am running on dev and not live, code continues) and this was not the case here. My best guess is there may be some sort of check for infinite loops or recursive loop depth which the code monitoring system may not like.
AndyKerrison

Postby radmahdi » March 6th, 2013, 10:36 am

Thanks for your reply. Actually if there is no error in the log, I have no idea what is happening, because I cannot understand that this happening comes form my code or there is a problem with Playerio's servers, hence it is a little bit tough to restructure the code in this case, since even if it comes from my code, it is not clear from which part.
radmahdi

Return to C#