Forum C# Copying NewGame Serverside Code

Copying NewGame Serverside Code

Postby MrRoboman » September 8th, 2012, 12:04 am

I duplicated the NewGame folder that comes with PlayerIO's example code. I edited the new game.cs file in my new Serverside code project and ran the development server from this new project. When I run my new client I do not see my changes reflected. My new client still references the original Serverside code project. I can make changes in the original Serverside code project's game.cs file and see them reflected in my new client and my original client.

Why don't my new game.cs files have any effect when I compile them?
How do I create new game.cs files that work?

Thanks so much!!
MrRoboman

Re: Copying NewGame Serverside Code

Postby MrRoboman » September 10th, 2012, 1:21 am

Okay, so I figured out that when I compile my new project the dev server defaults to the original newGame.dll. I can navigate to my new dll file in the dev server to test my new code which solves my problem!

Does anyone know why the server defaults to the original dll instead of the one I am currently compiling?

Thanks!
MrRoboman

Postby Benjaminsen » September 10th, 2012, 2:37 pm

Depending on how you cloned the project, you might have to re-link the game project to the development server. This is done right clicking Referances in the Player.IO Test Server project and linking in the Serverside Game Project.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby MrRoboman » September 12th, 2012, 8:11 am

Thanks Chris!

I right clicked references under Player.IO Test Server.VS2010 and it gives me two options: add reference... , add service reference... Clicked on each of these, but everything in the dialogs seems to point to the newly copied directory that I'm working with. I've scoured the project for some reference to the original directory but cannot find it.

I appreciate your time on this matter!
MrRoboman

Postby Oliver » September 15th, 2012, 6:31 pm

Use "Add Reference" and then in the project tab find the project to reference.

The test server project should have a reference to the game dll project.

- Oliver
Oliver
.IO

Return to C#