Forum C# Debugging game server code in "Getting started" slns

Debugging game server code in "Getting started" slns

Postby Katharine » March 31st, 2012, 10:00 pm

I'm getting the dreaded "the breakpoint will not currently be hit" message when I try to run with a breakpoint in the game.cs (i.e. the class library project. Breakpoints in the Player.IO Test Server project work fine) of any of the "Getting Started" server slns, from here:

http://playerio.com/documentation/getti ... mbopackage

Code changes don't seem to register either, which makes it seem like a configuration issue e.g. the debugger is looking in the wrong place. I've tried pretty much all the suggestions I found online to deal with similar issues with VS projects in general - with no success. So I thought I'd post here in case there's something really obvious that I've missed.

This problem occurs for me with a fresh install of Visual C# 2010 Express, running those solution files as is, with no modifications to code, project properties, build configurations or directory structures.

Do breakpoints in those game.cs files work for other people?
Katharine

Re: Debugging game server code in "Getting started" slns

Postby Henrik » March 31st, 2012, 11:57 pm

That download link looks very old, you should be using the code from this page:

http://playerio.com/download/
Henrik
.IO

Postby Katharine » April 1st, 2012, 1:59 am

Yep that's the code I used (it unzips to Player.IO DevPack.eB8Y55GM6YgMwgbzCMx3CQ). Just redownloaded and tried to debug game.cs again.

Any ideas?

Henrik wrote:That download link looks very old, you should be using the code from this page:

http://playerio.com/download/
Katharine

Postby Benjaminsen » May 1st, 2012, 12:57 pm

Click the DLL name at the top of the Dev server. Then choose the DLL in your debug folder.
Benjaminsen
.IO

Postby Vania » July 3rd, 2012, 4:30 pm

Hi, I'm having a problem similar to this. I have the latest version of the server code.

My breakpoints are not being hit, and I'm completely sure the lines are being executed because I'm writing to the console.
What could be the problem?
Vania

Postby Vania » July 3rd, 2012, 4:50 pm

Also, when I hit the Debug button the breakpoints turn white with a little exclamation point for like one second.
And it says that no symbols have been loaded.
Vania

Postby dreamora » July 3rd, 2012, 5:12 pm

I got this problem too though I can't say if its a general one as I develop the server under the current MonoDevelop version from Xamarin (3.0.x) here on OSX 10.7 and not on MS.NET
It used to work fine before on 2.3.0 and 2.3.1 but I think I back then was on MonoDevelop 2.x as MD 3.0 just recently left the beta and the debugger is a thing that the next version has a few fixes for
Last edited by dreamora on July 3rd, 2012, 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dreamora

Postby Vania » July 3rd, 2012, 6:08 pm

Hmm I fixed it. But I'm not exactly sure how... :S
Vania

Return to C#