Forum C# Uploading Server Code (Newbie Question)

Uploading Server Code (Newbie Question)

Postby Beast » January 7th, 2012, 2:13 am

Newbie Question! I have programming experience in C#, And am making a game, I found player.io a while ago and got used to clients, but never how to upload server side code for more possibility's.

Im a little confuzed on how to get my C# server code onto the player.io servers.

Thanks in advance

:geek:
~Beast

Site for my upcoming game!
Beast

Re: Uploading Server Code (Newbie Question)

Postby mindbogglegames » January 7th, 2012, 11:52 pm

PlayerIO server code doesn't really work like normal .NET code. There are no URL:s you post/get to to run code. Everything runs with Sockets between your client code and server code. So connect your client to a room that you have set up in your server code. And then you can send messages between the client and the server. If you check out the example NewGame under the folder Flash in the PlayerIO game development package. If you open the .sln solution for that project you will see some simple code that show a few examples.
mindbogglegames
Paid Member

Postby Beast » January 8th, 2012, 1:12 am

Yea I get that, But after I code the server, How do i make the "game .dll" to upload
~Beast

Beast

Postby Henrik » January 8th, 2012, 10:50 am

After you've compiled your project, Visual Studio will create the .dll in the folder bin\Debug in your project's folder.

If you're using the examples or templates from the DevPack, look in Serverside Code\Game Code\bin\Debug.

If you right-click your project in Visual Studio and choose Properties, under the Application tab you can set the Assembly name. So if you set this to for example MyGame, it will create the file MyGame.dll that is then the one you should upload.
Henrik
.IO

Postby Beast » January 8th, 2012, 2:22 pm

Ahhh I see, Thanks Henrik!
~Beast

Beast

Return to C#