Forum C# Setting up new server code for a new Unity3d project.

Setting up new server code for a new Unity3d project.

Postby deadbug » November 14th, 2011, 11:08 pm

Hello,

So I have a folder like this
UnityGame
-------------------------
MyUnityGame (holds assests folder and other folders)
Output
Serverside Code
Serverside Code.VS2010
-------------------------

I basically copy pasted these from the mushroom example
Output
Serverside Code
Serverside Code.VS2010

I have been changing some naming around to "MyUnityGame" the namespace and dlls

But I feel like I messed up somewhere and I get these errors when I try to build.

Error 1 Could not write to output file '\\vmware-host\Shared Folders\Desktop\UnityGame\Serverside Code\Game Code\obj\Debug\MyUnityGame.dll' -- 'Access is denied. ' Game Code.VS2010

Error 2 Metadata file '\\vmware-host\Shared Folders\Desktop\UnityGame\Serverside Code\Game Code\bin\Debug\MyUnityGame.dll' could not be found Player.IO Test Server.VS2010

I cannot open or edit or delete MyUnityGame.dll in obj debug it tells me I need permission but the mushroom version of it I can do what ever I want. I have tried new project folders and recopying the mushroom server folders but I can't seem to get the hang of it.

So I was thinking of starting fresh on the server part again and I was wondering which parts do I really need to change from the mushroom part? So I have the server and code as MyUnityGame rather than MushroomExample.

Thank you.

EDIT:
Recopied, and made a new folder to store those folders in but now its using the dll from the mushroom demo folder rather than the MyUnityGame dll in the folder the server is in? :shock: runs but uses the wrong dll

Using Game Dll: MushroomsUnity3DExample.dll
========================
(dll: \\vmware-host\Shared Folders\Desktop\Player.IO DevPack.qKDnn1CIXA54ej69WSmXSA\Unity3D\Example - Multiplayer - Mushrooms\Serverside Code\Player.IO Test Server Project\bin\Debug\MushroomsUnity3DExample.dll)
deadbug

Re: Setting up new server code for a new Unity3d project.

Postby deadbug » November 15th, 2011, 12:58 am

Oh fixed the whole dll thing by hiding the mushroom project in a random folder lol.
deadbug

Return to C#