Forum C# Dev Server Problem

Dev Server Problem

Postby default0 » March 6th, 2011, 3:11 pm

Hey

I encountered a strange problem in the development server.
I made Port 8184 visible and it works on canyouseeme.org
Users are also able to join from their computers on my development server.
So that is fine, but there is one downside: Even when a user joins the very same room as someone else (createJoinRoom is used) a new room is being created and the user joins this room instead of the already existing one.
My guess is that it's createJoinRoom's fault, but I would like to avoid having to build around it because it makes things very much more comfortable.

Hope you can look into this :)

Best regards
Try to play my Game: -->BlackGalaxy<--
default0

Re: Dev Server Problem

Postby Oliver » March 14th, 2011, 5:05 pm

Hey Default,

That sounds very... odd. We've never seen or heard about that kind of problem. Does it only happen in your game, or does it also happen if you try to run one of the example games from the download package directly against your dev server?

Best,
Oliver
Oliver
.IO

Postby default0 » March 16th, 2011, 5:43 pm

Hey

It is odd.
This only happens for my own game. TicTacToe example works fine.
Okay, here goes the odd part: When I play from the IDE and my friend from a link I gave him (uploaded over GameFS, given him direct link to correct version), I do see him connecting to my game in dev server, but it creates a new room even if a room with the given ID already exists.
But when I play from the same link as he does over web browser, it functions properly. I only noticed this behaviour with my game. The difference to TicTacToe example is I auto-assign players to a certain room id and do not use any kind of lobby system, though that shouldn't make a difference should it?

Getting more and more confused as I do research :?

Ideas how to resolve this/what could be causing it?
Seems to be on my end though (awww not again >_>) =/

Best regards
default0

Postby default0 » March 17th, 2011, 9:12 pm

Here a small screenshot:

Okay, what happened:
I and chris went into a room of my game, both over website (direct-link of GameFS). As you can see by the Left/Joined messages we both joined, he left, rejoined left again and came back in with a new account.
Then I left, went over to my flash IDE, logged in with my account from there, and it created a new room even though a room with the same name did already exist :?
default0

Postby Oliver » March 18th, 2011, 11:15 am

Can you zip up the project and send it to me? Then we'll have a go at getting it reproduced and fixed!

- Oliver
Oliver
.IO

Return to C#