Forum C# can i create virtual player on server side?

can i create virtual player on server side?

Postby wbsaputra » January 21st, 2011, 7:53 pm

just wondering is there anyway to create virtual player on server side code?
i try create multiplayer game and need virtual player in early publish time.
I can't find a way to create virtual user for user join multiplayer code and synchronize it with facebook player id :?:
Any idea will be my appreciate
wbsaputra
Paid Member

Re: can i create virtual player on server side?

Postby Oliver » January 24th, 2011, 12:10 pm

You can't create vitual players and make them part of the Players collection. But you could make your own List<Player> and use that inside your game as the master list of players.
Oliver
.IO

Re: can i create virtual player on server side?

Postby wbsaputra » January 24th, 2011, 5:39 pm

still can't imagine how can i do that with list<player> on server side. thanks for info.
for now i'm creating virtual player on client side with playerio client.net and running it on my server.
this must be consumed bandwith for early time publish,
for this i have to create several virtual facebook id, make connect to room and play with simple ai code, then save room data for count online player connected, then display it to real user in room lobby so they can choose which room has player to join.
dont know how i can do that on server side. for now this the best i can reach :)
what i really need is random list opened room with count player online on that room, then triggered ai to play when real user entering that room if the room is empty :lol:

maybe i can cheat at client side with random number user online. and when player createjoinroom list<player> will create random ai player on server side and insert into Players collection so i can call "foreach Player x in Players" for example in my game code. is possible do that? Just the idea :idea:

if i cant make ai player as part player collection so i have to create new list player, add any player on entering room and remove them when player left. maybe is that what you mean.
wbsaputra
Paid Member

Return to C#